Linux 22: Gold refuses to pick up from loot pile, gold disappears [RESOLVED]

Jay_H

Linux 22: Gold refuses to pick up from loot pile, gold disappears [RESOLVED]

Post by Jay_H »

Linux Mint 17.3 MATE 64-bit.

While in a dungeon, I dropped 10 gold as a test. The loot pile appeared as normal.

1. When I clicked on the loot pile to pick up the gold, the inventory screen opened normally, but no commands on the gold functioned; I tried "Equip," "Remove," and "Use," and none of them had any effect.

2. I then dropped 5 more gold on it, and the gold object inside the loot pile disappeared, but the loot pile remains. Trying to click on the loot pile opens it and it is empty. The loot pile persists in the game world.

I saved at this point, and I can send it to you.
Last edited by Jay_H on Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Interkarma

Re: Linux 22: Gold refuses to pick up from loot pile, gold disappears

Post by Interkarma »

Cheers. A few quick questions.

1. Can you reproduce this every time?
2. Does the picked up gold quantity return to your character (F5 to check character sheet).
3. Is problem only affecting dropped gold? Are random loot piles OK?

I experienced something similar during development, so have an idea what kinds of things can result in this. I just need to narrow down a little.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

1. No, I've been trying it in various circumstances, and I can't reproduce it. Even the same save file doesn't have the same occurrence, and the gold properly appears in the pile now.
2. I forgot to check this in the instance that it occurred.
3. A random loot pile I found appeared to function properly.

Interkarma

Re: Linux 22: Gold refuses to pick up from loot pile, gold disappears [NOT REPRODUCED]

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for update. This problem basically happens when something invalidates the item or loot container. I've fixed one such cause a while back, but looks like there are other causes.

It will probably come up again sooner or later. If someone else experiences this, please let me know if you can reproduce.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

The gold piles are fairly sparse. In each dungeon I can only find one, I think. This isn't a critique of dungeon design or developer choice, but a mention that testing loot piles is less frequent due to the difficulty finding them. If you increase the pile frequency, I'll be able to get more data on how or when this glitch occurs.

EDIT: I just entered Privateer's Hold and found like 8 piles, so that's a place I can work with for now.