0.10.22 - [Regression] Can't use ESC key to back out of New Game to main menu [RESOLVED 0.10.23]

Interkarma

0.10.22 - [Regression] Can't use ESC key to back out of New Game to main menu [RESOLVED 0.10.23]

Post by Interkarma »

Will ask for gender of character instead. Seems the window stack got messed up somewhere along the line. Will address when I can.

pango

Re: 0.10.23 - [Regression] Can't use ESC key to back out of New Game to main menu

Post by pango »

Ah, Mike reported that one, didn't know it was a regression though
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

mikeprichard

Re: 0.10.23 - [Regression] Can't use ESC key to back out of New Game to main menu

Post by mikeprichard »

Oh, I'd assumed it was behaving like classic - didn't realize this was a DFU bug! Will be nice to see it fixed.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

What's funny to me about this one is it's one of the very first QoL features I put into the game. I was always super annoyed I couldn't back out of New Game without closing, so I intentionally designed it to be escapable back to main. Now it's gone and broken on me somehow. :D

It's no biggie, will fix it when I can.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Ah, so classic does behave this way too, right? Your fix in DFU is definitely nice to have - thanks for noticing the regression to this handy feature so it can be patched up. :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

In classic you can escape from the very start of character creation, but once you select a race, you're along for the whole ride.

Sadly this bug now makes DFU behave even worse than classic because you can't even back out of the race selection screen. Oh well, I doubt its anything too hard to fix (famous last words).