[0.10.22] Can exit character creation recap without reallocating all points [RESOLVED 0.10.23]

Wombatfall

[0.10.22] Can exit character creation recap without reallocating all points [RESOLVED 0.10.23]

Post by Wombatfall »

Hi everyone,

I'm a new user of Daggerfall Unity and I'm pleased to play this great game again, with nice mods.

There is a part in the character creation I can't remember if it's a unity bug or something that was possible in the original.
In the last screen, at the full recap where you can be done or restart, you can remove your skills bonus points and still complete your character. It means you'll be weaker at the beginning, but that you'll be able to achieve the max level and maybe even 1 level more if your base roll are really low.

Have fun !

pango

Re: Feature or bug in the character creation ?

Post by pango »

Welcome to the forums, Wombatfall!

Good spotting! I don't think it was in classic, and even if it was that would probably still be a bug ;)
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

I just tested in classic, and this is indeed a bug in DFU: in both classic and DFU, you can reallocate your bonus points to both attributes and skills using the arrows on the final page of character creation; however, in DFU only, you can successfully confirm and exit the screen even when 1 or more bonus points are left unspent, while in classic, an error message will appear to prevent you from confirming your character in this case until all unallocated points are spent. Good spot!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for confirming Pango and Mike. I'll move this into bug reports and we can take a look at the cause.

Wombatfall

Re: [0.10.22] Can't reallocate skill and attribute points on final step of character creation

Post by Wombatfall »

Happy to help :)

pango

Re: [0.10.22] Can't reallocate skill and attribute points on final step of character creation

Post by pango »

I submitted a PR

By the way I think the title of that thread was not adjusted correctly.
My understanding is that the issue is that you can leave the character creation recap screen with unassigned bonuses, not that you can't reassign bonuses in that screen (which should be working for a while now PR). It's just that I forgot to duplicate the checks at the same time ;)
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you so much Pango. :)

I'll merge this one and move to resolved now.