Can't find Cyndassa's brother's ex-girlfriend [CLOSED]

pango

Can't find Cyndassa's brother's ex-girlfriend [CLOSED]

Post by pango »

I trying to do the alternate ending of this main quest, but everybody in town tells me that the ex-girlfriend, Evelabyth Wicksky, is now in either The Thirsty Bird or The Knave and Goat tavern, and neither exist in town...
Attachments
SAVE633.zip
(355 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

pango

Re: Can't find Cyndassa's brother's ex-girlfriend

Post by pango »

Ooops, I was in Broadfort, not Broadford.
But no Thirsty Bird or Knave and Goat in here either...
Attachments
SAVE633.zip
(431.25 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Asking about Where Is > The Gaering Residence leads me to the correct building where Evelabyth Wicksly NPC is actually housed.

I'll move to bug reports we can take a look at why talk system reports her NPC elsewhere, or why NPC placed in a residence not a tavern.

This could just be an issue with quest script. I haven't look any further at this time. :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

OK mystery solved. You were still in the wrong town, technically. That's the NPC's home town, and the people of that town send you to another town where she's now working in a tavern.

Where you had to go was the town called "The Knave and Goat Tavern" in the region of Daggerfall. Inside that town is a tavern called the "Thirsty Bird". Daggerfall logic, right? :D

Once you travel to this town, the barmaid NPC is moved to this tavern building and you can continue quest from there.

Something that's still potentially buggy is the barmaid NPC is still present at her home address when you travel to that town mentioned in letter. I think the quest should be fixed here to send player direct to target town and the letter shouldn't mention home town at all. Or you shouldn't be able to ask about her location building in home town to find her that way.

I'll leave this in bug reports. It's a fairly minor issue that was compounded by the confusing tavern-town name not being immediately obvious. This would have been more obvious if a tavern in a standard town was selected.

pango

Post by pango »

Ah, the classic Daggerfall trick. Too complicated for my brain at 5am ;)
-- Charles Goodhart