[0.11.2] Bodyguard\Home Invasion Quest - Unable To Complete(Video) [RESOLVED 0.11.4]

Teralitha

[0.11.2] Bodyguard\Home Invasion Quest - Unable To Complete(Video) [RESOLVED 0.11.4]

Post by Teralitha »

Last edited by Teralitha on Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Interkarma

Re: 0.11.2 Quest Bug (Video)

Post by Interkarma »

Hey there. :) Please use a descriptive title of your problem, e.g. "cannot hand in quest", including name of the quest you're having troubles with. Just saying "quest bug" doesn't convey any information. There are many ways things can go awry in Daggerfall's quests, even without the help of bugs.

Please also attach your save directly to the forum post using the "attachments" tab while creating a post. This preserves the save with the report for long term and doesn't require some rando download site where the link might break later. Cheers!

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Done. The video shows everything in detail.
Last edited by Teralitha on Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Attachment. The save point is from just after accepting the quest.
Attachments
TeralithaBuggedQuest.zip
(169.77 KiB) Downloaded 101 times

Interkarma

Re: 0.11.2 Bodyguard\Home Invasion Quest - Unable To Complete(Video)

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks so much for save and updated title. :)

I'll dig into this one when I can today.

Hammer

Re: 0.11.2 Bodyguard\Home Invasion Quest - Unable To Complete(Video)

Post by Hammer »

Adding that I have similar issues with this same quest, the questgiver is never in the location to turn it in to when the assassins are beat, and that's if they even show up since it's a random chance. :(

Interkarma

Re: [0.11.2] Bodyguard\Home Invasion Quest - Unable To Complete(Video)

Post by Interkarma »

Please note the building you're standing outside of in the attached save is not the correct building. It's the next building over to the West. I've highlighted for you below.

correct-building.jpg
correct-building.jpg (99.59 KiB) Viewed 2422 times

And when you enter the correct building, you'll see a popup message like below.

popup.JPG
popup.JPG (61.86 KiB) Viewed 2430 times

I entered this residence and waited until after midnight, killing any enemies that spawned. This part of the quest is all working normally.

Hammer wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:57 pm Adding that I have similar issues with this same quest, the questgiver is never in the location to turn it in to when the assassins are beat, and that's if they even show up since it's a random chance. :(
This is an issue however. The questgiver is placed to this building but doesn't appear correctly (they're present but invisible). I'll need to look into why. I'll move to bug reports to follow up on this later when I have more time.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Well thats annoying. The building I went in to looked like it was the correct building. I was going by the name on the map. Well, now I know if I dont get the message, its the wrong place.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

There's a problem with this quest NPC not appearing properly, so we still found a bug from your report preventing quest from completing. Cheers! :)

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Interkarma wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:35 am There's a problem with this quest NPC not appearing properly, so we still found a bug from your report preventing quest from completing. Cheers! :)
Here is a save from this quest. In this save I just killed the assassin, but the NPC to turn the quest in to is no where to be found. I hope this will be useful

Ive added a second file from just after taking the quest (BodyguardQuest)

I can say that Ive not been able to complete this quest even once because the quest NPC never appears after killing the assassins.
Attachments
BodyguardQuest.zip
(268.02 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
InvisibleQuestNPC.zip
(339.7 KiB) Downloaded 84 times