[0.12.3 unmodded] Recall into the Void

Moderators will move topics here from Help & Support once an issue has been confirmed and enough information provided to reproduce.
pango

[0.12.3 unmodded] Recall into the Void

Post by pango »

As seen on a recent TalonHatesNames, after finishing a dungeon quest, he recalled into the Void, some distance from the mages guild he anchored in: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1148203958?t=2h6m4s
I don't think we have any such known bug standing, but I could be missing something.

Reloading and retrying worked (02:07:40), so getting a game save probably won't help.
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Re: [0.12.3 unmodded] Recall into the Void

Post by Interkarma »

Not sure on this one. Will need to find a way to reproduce. Thanks for letting me know. :)

pango

Post by pango »

Happened again in a later stream, trying to teleport to the same mages guild (I think)...
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1151941479?t=2h10s
Interestingly, it was near the beginning of the stream, so he had just reloaded inside the dungeon, maybe I was wrong about the problem not being captured by gamesaves...

So I went there (Graygate Hollow, Illessan Hills), set an anchor, took a dungeon quest, saved inside the dungeon.
I immediately cast recall and got teleported to the mages guild as expected.
I reload the gamesave (attached) and cast recall, I got recalled into the Void, just like in TalonHatesNames' stream.
Attachments
SAVE513.zip
(203.49 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Smells like a floating Y issue to me. Thanks for steps to reproduce. :)

pango

Post by pango »

Shouldn't one teleport strictly above or below the mages guild then? What's a bit unusual is that you recall on the side, maybe even always at the same spot (comparing streams and my gamesave visually) but it's hard to be sure...
2021_09_23_07_32_41.jpg
2021_09_23_07_32_41.jpg (38.87 KiB) Viewed 1038 times
PS. Scratch that, you probably meant a floating origin issue, so that's not incompatible with recalling on the side
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

You're right, it's probably just floating origin generally. Just most of this class of problem have been since the Y change so I kind of blame it for everything now.

This is a new problem though, I wasn't aware of this one. It might be a much older issue that's never been properly uncovered until now.

Tamalak

Post by Tamalak »

I'm getting this frequently, it's obnoxious. Always happens when I teleport from a dungeon into a mages' guild or temple.

This time using the console to get out (tele2exit, tele2pixel) is not working since it says it can't locate the player.