[0.10.22] Oghma Infinium update my PC level, but not really [RESOLVED 0.10.27]

Gravitus

Re: [0.10.24] Level rollover without levelup

Post by Gravitus »

It just occurred to me that I used the Oghma Infinitum just before this level.

Could this have put me at a negative amount of attribute points that I now have to "make up"?

Oh yep that would do it, I found the bug here: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2526

Gravitus

Re: [0.10.22] Oghma Infinium update my PC level, but not really

Post by Gravitus »

After reading the book, I'd lowered my level by one, then went over the levelup threshold and got the level, then increased it by one.

But the next levelup I got the same issue, it's not registering. Do I just have to sit one out because the book counts as a silent level? Edit: It looks like it, as the following level registered again.

shadowprince116

Post by shadowprince116 »

I've just obtained and read the Oghma Infinium myself and can confirm this is an issue I'm having too. After reading it my PC levels up and gains the appropriate HP increase, my progress until my next level up remains the same. I haven't been able to test what happens if I level up yet since I recently leveled up on my save naturally (and leveling takes some time).

I figured I'd post my experience to give this bug some awareness just in case. I don't think it's a crazy big deal since we can just edit the save but for anyone who doesn't notice the issue it would suck losing their attributes on level up. Truth be told I'm not entirely sure the reprecussions of the bug yet but I'll deal with it as I go.

Edit: Worth noting I'm on 0.10.24, but I just leveled up again naturally and seems to have worked fine. Before the Oghma Infinium I was Level 16 and leveled to 17. After that I manually edited my level to 16 again and my HP back to the original amount. Having just leveled to 17 the level up menu popped got the +6 attribute increase and my HP is on the amount it should be.

If anyone has an issue with the Oghma Infinium just note your HP before using it and edit SaveData.txt to the right values.

codypolak1997

Post by codypolak1997 »

issue with ogma infin stops my leveling completely Every level up is skipped i tried with 2 different levels lv 8 and then 9 i can only level up manualy changing save data

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Oghma Infinium will no longer increase level or max health on use from 0.10.27. It will only give you 30 attribute points to distribute as intended.