Trapdoor above the main room in Privateers Hold

Moderators will move topics here from Help & Support once an issue has been confirmed and enough information provided to reproduce.
pango

Re: Trapdoor above the main room in Privateers Hold

Post by pango »

King of Worms wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:53 am What I think is, that it might be in a different dungeon with a similar bloc, as BadLuck suggested.
No trapdoor in S0000999.RDB (PH specific block), N0000000.RDB, N0000001.RDB, N0000002.RDB (dry variants of PH block) or W0000001.RDB (floodable variant of PH block). I don't think I missed any.
Could be some demo, I don't know this topic as deeply
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I believe you, thanks for looking into it :X Only option is that it was in the demo, or its the faulty system memory of mine.

Ive checked and there isnt any room directly above the main room in PH from where u might be able to fall down, other than the exit room.
The trap door I speak about was not in the exit room.

I think it really might have happened in the demo, it had different layout than the rest of the game I think (I tryed the demo and it doesnt seem so)

I dont know - this will haunt me for rest of my life I guess :X Or I will learn to code and add that trap so my frustration will be unleashed upon every newbie exploring the PH!! :twisted:
Last edited by King of Worms on Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

And make sure that some trapdoors are not ment to stay closed until some lever activates them. So the sound playing is actually the bug.

pango

Post by pango »

Ralzar wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:41 am And make sure that some trapdoors are not ment to stay closed until some lever activates them. So the sound playing is actually the bug.
For the screenshot in classic I just went to the trapdoor and walked into it, so they're no prerequisite.
-- Charles Goodhart

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

I remember dungeons that had the trap doors but I have pretty extensive knowledge of PH and there isn't one of them in there. I have never heard of a demo of Daggerfall but I found about the game when a friend bought it so maybe there was one before the full release that had the suggested different lay out.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

And most likely there were more versions of that demo as well. I know it happened to me. Multiple times. Thats why it haunts me for so long and at the same time it makes no sense to me :/ maybe it was in the early unpatched release version. Maybe it was a bug in a geometry which was patched afterwards? In those times I did not have a internet and patching was out of question.

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

Maybe it was the glitch that made you fall through the floor? :lol:

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thats the solution I will go with for the sake of my good sleep :lol:

pango

Post by pango »

I quickly hacked a trapdoor fix, but it could be breaking other "TRP" actions somewhere else...

Code: Select all

diff --git a/Assets/Scripts/Utility/RDBLayout.cs b/Assets/Scripts/Utility/RDBLayout.cs
index 6cf5455de..f47f04c5a 100644
--- a/Assets/Scripts/Utility/RDBLayout.cs
+++ b/Assets/Scripts/Utility/RDBLayout.cs
@@ -1056,6 +1056,9 @@ namespace DaggerfallWorkshop.Utility
                 case "WHE":
                     action.ActionRotation = new Vector3(0, -360f, 0);      // Wheels (e.g. Direnni Tower)
                     break;
+                case "TRP":
+                    action.ActionRotation = new Vector3(-70f, 0, 0);
+                    break;
             }

//Add audio
In classic the trapdoor also returns to its initial position when you're no longer stepping on it
-- Charles Goodhart

pango

Post by pango »

Ralzar wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:59 am They work for me? Usually you wind up walking over them so quickly you avoid falling in, but I know I've been caught by one at least once.
If anybody knows the location of working trapdoors (or better yet, can provide game saves), I'm interested
-- Charles Goodhart