[0.10.27] - Daedra Seducer too easy now? [RESOLVED 0.11.4]

Ralzar

[0.10.27] - Daedra Seducer too easy now? [RESOLVED 0.11.4]

Post by Ralzar »

I love the fact that the Daedra Seducer transformation is implemented. However, at the moment they can be backstabbed from the front while transforming and get interrupted if they get knocked back. Which pretty much leads to stun-locking and backstabbing them to death.

Maybe make the temporarily immune to knockback? Or damage? Or backstab at least?

Edit: Or stop them from transforming if the player is too close? The problem is really that they try to transform while getting meleed.
Last edited by Ralzar on Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King of Worms

Re: Daedra Seducer too easy now?

Post by King of Worms »

Also on topic of Daedra Seducer.

Do they ever transform back to human form? Because the sprites for transformation are there, but I spawned many of those and none of them ever transformed back.

Interkarma

Re: Daedra Seducer too easy now?

Post by Interkarma »

Feedback taken on board. I'm pretty sure the backstab issue is a straight bug anyway. I'll move this one to bug reports.

pango

Re: [0.10.27] - Daedra Seducer too easy now?

Post by pango »

I submitted a PR to prevent backstabbing
They're still a bit weak, because their transformation is interrupted each time you land a hit.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

pango

Post by pango »

Ok, my fix is not complete, because daedra seducers are still vulnerable to backstabbing during their "hurt" frame (which is exploitable if you have high attack speed).
-- Charles Goodhart

pango

Post by pango »

In fact, hurt frame interrupts transformation animation (it changes "EnemyState" value), and in this case DaedraSeducerMobileBehavior make sure transformation restarts. The result is that transforming daedra seducers are easy to stunlock.
I wonder what happens exactly when you attack a transforming deadra seducer in classic...
-- Charles Goodhart

Shalval

Post by Shalval »

I would need to take a look myself (I need to confirm Azimuthal Vectors doesn't behave accurately to classic as well, after all), but I vaguely remember stunlocking Daedra Seducers in classic. At least the way I cheesed them in DFU, if silly, didn't seem off compared to my experience in the (distant) past.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I've made a change that prevents knockback and reset animation leading to Seducer stunlock during transform. This combined with Pango's changed closes out the issue.

The Seducer is still vulnerable and cannot fight back during transform, which I think is fine. This change just prevents the stunlock and animation reset on knockback.

https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... 7df4f6b3f3