[0.11.4 macOS] - Camera moves based on mouse distance from centre screen after closing UI

KaleWasTaken

[0.11.4 macOS] - Camera moves based on mouse distance from centre screen after closing UI

Post by KaleWasTaken »

Sorry if this is something that's been solved already, but I couldn't find anything on it.

So, when I open some sort of menu - be it the settings or a dialogue box - my mouse moves back to the center of the screen AFTER the menu has closed, specifically the first time I move the mouse after it closes. This causes the camera to jerk violently. I mean, it is avoidable as long as I move my mouse back to the center of the screen before I close my menu, but it's just very annoying.

As for why this is happening; no idea. All I can say is that it only started happening when I switched to my Macbook Pro.

I've tried changing mouse sensitivity and other mouse related options but nothing has helped. I've tried it on versions 0.11.0 and 0.10.28.

Anyways, help would be appreciated :)

controlspace

Re: Issue with mouse after leaving a menu

Post by controlspace »

Hi,

I'm encountering exactly the same issue with version 0.11.3 on a mac mini late 2014 with MacOS 10.11. The installation is mod free.

I'll add it's not only happening on exiting menus but on game load as well. As long as I don't move the mouse the camera stays put. On first mouse input the camera jerks violently (usually upwards :) ). After that it works okay until I open and exit a menu (any menu).

On this same machine I have also installed 0.11.3 on Win 8.1 (with bootcamp) and everything works great, so probably not a hardware thing.

If anyone found a fix, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Interkarma

Re: [0.11.4 macOS] - Camera moves based on mouse distance from centre screen after closing UI

Post by Interkarma »

Hi, welcome. :)

I don't have an answer for you, but I can move to bug reports for future investigation.

controlspace

Re: [0.11.4 macOS] - Camera moves based on mouse distance from centre screen after closing UI

Post by controlspace »

Great, thank you! :D

...and glad to be here. As a newcomer and someone who first played Daggerfall when it first came out, I have to say: this project is an amazing piece of work.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I've determined this one is an engine bug. Unfortunately I can't workaround in DFU, but it has been resolved in Unity 2019.4.40f1.

We'll be moving up to this engine version from 0.14.2 preview release, which will resolve this issue on Mac.

pango

Post by pango »

Can anybody confirm this is now fixed on OS X?
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I use a Mac now in my testing, and can confirm this was solved a while back. :)