[0.11.1] Azimuthal Vectors - Teleported to the wrong spot

Moderators will move topics here from Help & Support once an issue has been confirmed and enough information provided to reproduce.
Shalval

Re: [0.11.1] Azimuthal Vectors - Teleported to the wrong spot

Post by Shalval »

For Lord K'avar the only teleport would be the amulet that defensively teleports you to a dungeon (to escape an archer ambush), I think. That's the one thing in this quest that worked properly :P

As for Former Student, it doesn't appear in the quests list at the Mages Guild. I can provide a save if this isn't a known issue.

I will look into Unexpected Journey later :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

In addition to being teleported to wrong marker, there's a possible issue with teleport quest action firing every time game loads. Will look into this also when fixing up this bug report. I'll close the issue on git and combine the two reports here.

Link to git issue for reference:

https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... ssues/2038

hfc2x

Post by hfc2x »

I think I'm late to the party here, but I had a save a while ago (which I deleted), where this quest not only teleported me to the wrong spot, but behind a magically-sealed door at that. I saved after that happened, but before I noticed anything was wrong lol. The only way out was to input the trans_out command, and starting the dungeon like I would have done normally.

pango

Post by pango »

hfc2x wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:08 pm I think I'm late to the party here, but I had a save a while ago (which I deleted), where this quest not only teleported me to the wrong spot, but behind a magically-sealed door at that. I saved after that happened, but before I noticed anything was wrong lol. The only way out was to input the trans_out command, and starting the dungeon like I would have done normally.
That's a different issue (and maybe deserve a separate bug report entry), that comes from classic Daggerfall: quest target markers are reused as teleportation targets, but they're no guarantees that you can escape from those points.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart