0.11.3 - New weapon image displays briefly during weapon equip time

Moderators will move topics here from Help & Support once an issue has been confirmed and enough information provided to reproduce.
King of Worms

0.11.3 - New weapon image displays briefly during weapon equip time

Post by King of Worms »

Hi, this is a bug which was always there, but Ive finally found a time to test it properly and formulate the report.

To reproduce:

1) open inventory, equip a weapon in a hand, close inventory and wait till you can see that weapon in your hand
2) open inventory again, remove that weapon from your hand, place DIFFERENT weapon in the SAME hand, close inventory

After the inventory close, you will see the NEW weapon frame flash for a brief time, than it will disappear for the duration of the weapon re-equipping, just to be be finally displayed in hand again.

Expected behavior:
After a weapon change and inventory close, the new weapon does NOT briefly* appear in your hand.

*Briefly here means just a few frames, its basically a flash, but its visible and distracting/confusing.

If this can be dealt with, it will be another step to polish the game fully.
Thanks for reading
KoW

Interkarma

Re: 0.11.3 - New weapon image displays briefly during weapon equip time

Post by Interkarma »

Cheers, have never noticed this one until you pointed it out. :)

King of Worms

Re: 0.11.3 - New weapon image displays briefly during weapon equip time

Post by King of Worms »

Its quite fast occurring and disappearing bug :) I got very used to it so I have not reported it for years - also I was not sure how to reproduce it until I decided to really look into it few days back.