[0.11.3] Rappel mode can be reactivated in the air

Moderators will move topics here from Help & Support once an issue has been confirmed and enough information provided to reproduce.
pango

[0.11.3] Rappel mode can be reactivated in the air

Post by pango »

When rappel mode has been activated, it is possible to reactivate it in mid air just by pressing backward key.

Steps (starting from game save below, on a platform):
  1. walk backward to start rappel mode. If you don't release the key the game does not switch to climb mode, and you get a "rappel mode" messages loop going, even below the platform;
  2. release backward key when far enough from the platform that you immediately start falling
  3. press backward key while falling, this starts "rappel mode" messages loop again.
This does not reduce fall damage when hitting the ground, since falling start point is not modified; But that's still not correct.

I've seen this repeatedly in some streams, and that's how I managed to reproduce the issue; But I'm not sure that's how it was triggered by the streamer. (I just asked and he said "I press S while in mid air", so we may never know)
Attachments
SAVE945.zip
(332.03 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Re: [0.11.3] Rappel mode can be reactivated in the air

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks Pango. :) I'll take a look when I can.

pango

Re: [0.11.3] Rappel mode can be reactivated in the air

Post by pango »

Just to add a case to test, I've seen it happen in stream to somebody that got teleported into the air (by one of those skull decorated trap fountains around a dungeon pyramid).
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart