[0.13.2b] Successful backstab and parry sound at the same time

Moderators will move topics here from Help & Support once an issue has been confirmed and enough information provided to reproduce.
pango

[0.13.2b] Successful backstab and parry sound at the same time

Post by pango »

Hi all,

Something a bit strange happened in the last TalonHatesNames stream, while hitting orcs in the back with a short blade he got (twice in the stream) both a successful backstab message, and a parry sound at the same time.
That felt unnatural, so I had a look at the code, the message is sent from inside FormulaHelper.CalculateBackstabDamage(), that's called only if CaclulateSuccessfulHit() returns true; On the other hand parry sounds should only happen when you do no damage.
I suppose it means the base damage was also 0, so that backstabbing tripled the base 0 damage? I don't quite get how this could happen...
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Re: [0.13.2b] Successful backstab and parry sound at the same time

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks Pango. Moving to Issues to followup later.

pango

Post by pango »

Well, that's something that needs checking rather than a confirmed issue at that point...

I forgot to say he's playing unmodded 0.13.2b (unmodded as usual, until he finished the 18 predefined classes, already finished 15!), that's the predefined Nightblade run (so no bonus or phobia) and he was using a dwarven short sword.
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I'm happy for it to be in issues until confirmed, you have a good eye for this stuff. I also didn't want it to get lost.

I won't have time to check for a while. If anyone is able to test/confirm this one, it would be appreciated.