[0.13.3] Asking about Missing Prince target dungeon indoors triggers exception [RESOLVED 0.13.4]

Rotted

[0.13.3] Asking about Missing Prince target dungeon indoors triggers exception [RESOLVED 0.13.4]

Post by Rotted »

First of all let me say I am really enjoying this game. Always wanted to play it after hearing just how immersive and how much content there was. You guys have done an amazing job!

So I've been playing the past few days and everything has worked fine up until last night. I was doing "The Missing Prince" quest, met with the Agent of the Underking and got my location (Castle Shoj). Immediately went to ask the locals about Castle Shoj to find out it's location, but whenever I click on any topic (that is, either double clicking or pressing "Okay") nothing happens. The dialog seems to have bugged to where I can't talk to anyone. I even re-saved, traveled somewhere else, restarted the game, etc. and still nothing. Hoping there's a way to fix it as I'm really enjoying this game and am really hoping I won't have to roll a new character.

Thanks!!
Daggerfall Bug.png
Daggerfall Bug.png (336.02 KiB) Viewed 1043 times

Jay_H

Re: Dialogue not working

Post by Jay_H »

Welcome to the forums :)

Your player log may explain something about what's going wrong. If you can find a way to post it so we can read, it could help. See how to find it here.

On your end, it's recommended to first disable all mods and see if the bug persists. If it's still happening with no mods, then it's a problem we need to look into. If it's a mod's fault, you should contact the mod author.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

In addition to a zip of your log, a zip of your save game at this point would also be helpful to try and reproduce. :)

You can attach zip files to here using the "attachments" button when composing a reply.

Rotted

Post by Rotted »

Alright, got both of those for ya! Hoping it can be solved, but if not no worries!!

Thanks!
Attachments
Daggerfall Unity.zip
(313.01 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
SAVE5.zip
(277.01 KiB) Downloaded 77 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for posting logs and save. :)

I was able to reproduce on my end. Triggering bug requires asking about Castle Shoj while inside a building. Once exception occurs, TalkManager stops working normally until game is restarted. I'll move this to Issues for resolution.

The good news is this isn't a blocking issue and there's nothing stopping you from completing quest. You already know about Castle Shoj, so only need to travel there and locate death certificate, then return to Lhotun. I was able to complete quest normally from your save without triggering bug.

Thanks for raising. Good luck!

Edit: I've found cause and will patch in next release. Notes for my future self: issue is caused in CheckNPCisInSameBuildingAsTopic() which attempts casting Place into a Person quest resource, throwing exception. Need to check is Person before attempting cast. Also check why a Place is being passed here to begin with.