Spell Absorption: how does it work?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Firebrand

Re: Spell Absorption: how does it work?

Post by Firebrand » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:23 am

Interkarma wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:43 am
BansheeXYZ wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:52 am
Since monsters never cast "fire" versions of silence and drain spells
That's only because the Mages Guild doesn't invite them in to use the spellmaker. ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

GreyGhost

Post by GreyGhost » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:37 pm

Interkarma wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:21 am
I've limited this to damaging spells as that was my understanding of the mechanic at the time.
EDIT: Below I'm referring to the Spell Absorption Character Advantage, not the Spell.

I can absorb my own damage spells indefinitely, but I cannot seem to absorb ANY hostile NPC spells. Character with 27 out of 270 mana didn't absorb any of the spells an Orc Shaman cast at me.

I also tried making a stock Elven Sorcerer, draining his mana as much as I could, then attacking that first Imp in starter dungeon. The character always takes damage never absorbing any of the spells. This Isn't working as intended right? Also, my other character who is immune to Poison still seems to take damage from NPC's Toxic Cloud spell etc.

Utankung

Post by Utankung » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:51 pm

Can confirm that after at least 80 hours and a several character levels, not one time has a spell been absorbed by the class based absorbtion. My build is breton sorcerer.

Jammer

Post by Jammer » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:14 pm

I haven't noticed absorbing enemy spells either in my current playthrough. The only times I have observed absorbing spells is when I cast an area of effect damage spell of my own that would have otherwise dealt me damage.