GUI and Controls Refinement Suggestions?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Hipnotic Rogue

GUI and Controls Refinement Suggestions?

Post by Hipnotic Rogue »

I know that new features aren't happening before 1.0 but is it okay to suggest some 'small' tweaks to the UI and controls? Should I just wait until 1.0 is done? Don't wanna annoy anyone by rocking up and making lots of noobie suggestions much to the vexation of regular visitors here. :)

Interkarma

Re: GUI and Controls Refinement Suggestions?

Post by Interkarma »

You're always welcome to start a discussion. :) A lot of good QoL changes have come out of this community over the years.

Without knowing what you have in mind, please also consider raising to modders in Mods & Features General. Any changes that require new assets or diverge too much from classic would fall more into mod territory.

viewforum.php?f=12

Hipnotic Rogue

Post by Hipnotic Rogue »

Cool beans. I'll hold off just now and gather my thoughts a bit more. I know what I want to say but I have a tendency to ramble. Most of my issues with the controls is from playing with a controller so they're probably not that hight priority just now anyway.

One thing I would like to suggest is an option to map controls to M/KB and controller at the same time. As it stands I can only have one key set for any action so when I go from M/KB to controller I have to remap my controls and back again. An option to set a button to scroll through the interaction settings rather than each being coded to a separate key (F1, F2, F3, F4 by default) would be great for controller play too.

Where would be the best place to post such a suggestion?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

DFU has two sets of control bindings, there's a toggle at top-right of Controls UI. You should be able to bind mouse and keyboard to primary and controller to secondary.

primary.jpg
primary.jpg (351.29 KiB) Viewed 689 times
secondary.jpg
secondary.jpg (356.81 KiB) Viewed 689 times

This toggle also applies to additional DFU bindings found under Advanced button.

A binding to cycle through interaction modes with a single button in controller would be nice. This has been raised before, but at this time nobody has implemented.

Hipnotic Rogue

Post by Hipnotic Rogue »

Aaaaah, I subconciously saw that text 'Primary' text but I didn't realise it was a button! Thanks for the pointer.

I wonder, perhaps the button could be a slightly different colour and maybe change the text to something like 'Config 1' and 'Config 2'? Dunno how willing anyone is to change such things outwith mods. Would this fall under the remit of something like UncannyUI?

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

Oh, interesting. Never realized that this can be clicked.