Diseases will be live in next round of builds

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Interkarma

Diseases will be live in next round of builds

Post by Interkarma »

You will be able to become infected from monsters and other filthy sources of disease very soon. I recommend the first thing testers do after downloading next builds is to enter "showspellmaker" into console and create a "Cure Disease" spell for themselves. I will also make sure temple service us updated to cure diseases.

If it's been a while since you last played Daggerfall, the words "you feel somewhat bad" will display when disease effects become worse every day. You can also see active diseases from the info popup (default key is I for info).

Many thanks are in order to Allofich/R.D. for his work reverse engineering how diseases worked in classic. It made for a fairly smooth implementation into the effect system having his recreation of classic disease handling as a starting point.

Jay_H

Re: Diseases will be live in next round of builds

Post by Jay_H »

I feel like DFU is coming down the mountain with no brakes, about to cross the finish line :D

Interkarma

Re: Diseases will be live in next round of builds

Post by Interkarma »

For sure! Now that most of the magic & effect framework is pumping along, a lot of pending stuff suddenly becomes possible.

I'm reasonably confident the game will be around 90% or more feature-complete by the end of this year. Almost everything will be in a playable (if unpolished) form. Of course we're going to have the inevitable bug-fest to clean up and it will probably still be a year or two before all the rough edges are fully shaved down, but it's incredible things have finally made it this far.