Tiny Candle and little Box on a rafter?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
MrDowntempo

Tiny Candle and little Box on a rafter?

Post by MrDowntempo »

Anyone have any ideas what This is about? Just a random bug? Forgotten or misplaced data? A quest that wasnt finished being written before release?

Interkarma

Re: Tiny Candle and little Box on a rafter?

Post by Interkarma »

My feeling is one of the designers was probably just having some fun with the action system in a main story dungeon. This should work in Daggerfall Unity too if you find the spot.

I've found other bits in the game that were done just for fun. Have a look at the arrangement of ground tiles in SHCKAA00.RMB. :)

Spoiler!
smile.JPG
smile.JPG (382.58 KiB) Viewed 2717 times

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Aww, for such a grimdark game as Daggerfall, that's awfully cute :)

Channel1

Post by Channel1 »

Some of the graveyards in towns also look like skulls.

MrDowntempo

Post by MrDowntempo »

Well that's just adorable!

Flylighter

Post by Flylighter »

I loved the little things like this that you could find in the game! The thing is, they weren't just limited to main quest dungeons. All the time, if you went poking at random objects in dungeons, you would end up teleporting somewhere.

Like on top of rafters. Here is footage of me from years ago (NSFW language), doing a good old random quest for the Mage Guild in a noname dungeon, getting popped up on top of a rafter! I'd spent who knows how long explaining to the viewers how crazy weird the game could get, and how random items in the dungeons could take you weird places, and then the game still managed to catch me off guard by teaching me that lootable containers could teleport you. I had no idea at the time!