Higher Quality Daggerfall Sprites

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Kamer

Higher Quality Daggerfall Sprites

Post by Kamer »

Hey, you guys have any high quality sprites from pre-release laying around? I'd like to get a collection of them.

Stuff like this:

MrFlibble

Re: Higher Quality Daggerfall Sprites

Post by MrFlibble »

Well, there's probably just a few sources for this king of stuff, including the NUKE Daggerfall special feature and Mark Jones' website. The Bestiary section of the early demo version contains preview animations of some monsters but apparently they just have more frames, albeit only from one angle:

I talked to Mark Johnson on the XL Engine forums and he said that he didn't have personal copies of his art created while with Bethesda:
And as taking anything from Bethesda was/is a strict NO NO (Facebook- Oculus anyone?) I do not have any assets that cannot be found online (Which I consider fair game). I wish I did though, that Daggerfall intro looked REALLY nice in higher resolution. You could really see Marc Jackson's artwork in the book. That was lovely stuff. [emphasis added]
There's also some stuff from Bethesda's website, not sure how useful.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

MrFlibble wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:36 am Well, there's probably just a few sources for this king of stuff, including the NUKE Daggerfall special feature and Mark Jones' website. The Bestiary section of the early demo version contains preview animations of some monsters but apparently they just have more frames, albeit only from one angle:

I talked to Mark Johnson on the XL Engine forums and he said that he didn't have personal copies of his art created while with Bethesda:
And as taking anything from Bethesda was/is a strict NO NO (Facebook- Oculus anyone?) I do not have any assets that cannot be found online (Which I consider fair game). I wish I did though, that Daggerfall intro looked REALLY nice in higher resolution. You could really see Marc Jackson's artwork in the book. That was lovely stuff. [emphasis added]
There's also some stuff from Bethesda's website, not sure how useful.
That NUKE page actually has some stuff I'm looking for. Thanks a lot man!

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Has anyone ever dumped or ripped the sprites from Battlespire?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

That would get into dicey territory. Battlespire is still a pay-to-play game, so its assets are going to be protected by law. (We don't even know for sure the legal situation for DFU. So far we've trusted in the agreement OpenMW reached with Bethesda, but even that has its limitations.)

Biboran

Post by Biboran »

I want to add that battlespire yse differend 3d models for sprites as I remember, more detailed and you will notice clear difference with daggerfall ones
However style of battlespire is nice,I kinda want mod that make not super hd graphics, but battlespire level of detalisation

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Small note, Ive just finished recreating two dancers from the Wayback machine site. Its quite hard because:

1st) in the downloaded GIF, all images are duplicated, took a while to realize that and adjust
2nd) those animations miss one frame, so you need to use that frame from a game, but that one has different attributes, like the position where its standing in a canvas, size ETC so again, adjusting, testing, adjusting, testing...

but after some efforts, I managed to make that work quite fluently. Difference in quality is there for sure as you get cca 2x the resolution of a source material (which I further upscale using XBR 4x algo)

In my spare time, I will have fun with other resources from that site. Thanks for a heads up