got an issue tracker?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
daggerfallman

got an issue tracker?

Post by daggerfallman »

Say, where can I find work items if I were interested in contributing? Looks like you've disabled the issue tracker on github.

If you had an issue tracker available (e.g. on github), people looking to contribute could search for a bug or feature they find interesting and suitable to their ability. That'd help with coordinating work items and tracking issues toward milestones.

I suppose I could pick up "Custom class creator" from the roadmap if nobody plans to do that anytime soon. I'm an experienced dev but not with unity or similar game engines, so it'd take me some time to get my feet wet vs someone more familiar with unity and/or daggerfall's class creator. If that's fine and there are no other, more suitable work items, I'll take a stab at it.

P.S. This forum is sending passwords and auth cookies in the clear. You might not think it's a bad thing as this is just a forum without important personal info, but nearly all people (unfortunately) reuse passwords from other important sites, so it'd be a good idea to fix this vulnerability for the safety of your forum members.

Interkarma

Re: got an issue tracker?

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums! :)

This began as a solo project and I use a private issue tracker on my end to manage workflow. I disabled this feature on GitHub, as it was attracting generally low-value input early on. I do plan to open this up again later when things are closer to 1.0. For now, I prefer to centralise bug reports, developer, modder, and end user discussions here on the forums.

If you're interested in a high-level overview of the project status, the Roadmap is best source of information. For bugs, the Bug Reports forum is the place.

For development on the core game, that ship has almost sailed. We're close enough to feature complete now that remaining roadmap items have been allocated. But it will be some time (likely several months) before I get to custom class creator. If this is something you're keen on building out, I would still welcome the help. I understand that it might take some time to come up to speed, but myself and others are always happy to answer questions. Just let me know if this is something you're interested in.

Otherwise, there's an entire world of modding possibilities open. The modding system is also a great way to get your feet wet and experiment with the game.

daggerfallman wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:58 pm P.S. This forum is sending passwords and auth cookies in the clear. You might not think it's a bad thing as this is just a forum without important personal info, but nearly all people (unfortunately) reuse passwords from other important sites, so it'd be a good idea to fix this vulnerability for the safety of your forum members.
That's a fair criticism. I've setup SSL cert and HTTPS rewrites now for dfworkshop.net and forums.dfworkshop.net. Cheers.