Does the main Quest affect world spawns?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Snort McSquirtSack

Does the main Quest affect world spawns?

Post by Snort McSquirtSack »

I'll keep it short, never played Daggerfall enough to find out about this on my own, but I usually love screwing around and Roleplaying as an average person rather than the chosen one in my RPGs over doing the main quest. So when I got that startup message in the Privateer's Hold, I said no, I don't want to activate the main quest.

I have not encountered any NPCs in the world so far aside from Dungeons and Towns, so I would just like to know if this is because the main quest is inactive, or if it's normal (I am still just level 2, so I wouldn't know.)

If I posted in the wrong place, I wholeheartedly apologize, do what you will with this post.
If a person wants to comprehend, that he must the square who study it the square. You only ask for help me then can become the knowledge of the dark of the study Hopeless, in the fire of water.

Jay_H

Re: Does the main Quest affect world spawns?

Post by Jay_H »

Nope, the game will proceed entirely normally. The main quest sends three hooks to you when it's time to begin it, and affects no other parts of gameplay:

1. A letter from Lady Brisienna (recommended but optional)

2. A letter from Princess Morgiah

3. A letter from Prince Lhotun

None of these will affect how the world works. You'll still have the full Daggerfall experience, minus the main questline.

Snort McSquirtSack

Re: Does the main Quest affect world spawns?

Post by Snort McSquirtSack »

Ah, thank you so much for replying. That's great to hear. Guess I'll be saying farewell to my social life for a while now.
If a person wants to comprehend, that he must the square who study it the square. You only ask for help me then can become the knowledge of the dark of the study Hopeless, in the fire of water.