Update videos

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
jayhova

Update videos

Post by jayhova »

Has anyone considered making version update videos? The open Morrowind project puts out videos with each major release. The videos give specific information on changes to the software and new features. I was thinking it would be nice to see similar videos for Daggerfall Unity as it moves towards a release version.

A compilation video of work done so far would probably be a good place to start.

Check out the below video if you are unfamiliar with these "Release Commentary" videos or just want to see another TES project. The website for the project is openmw.org

Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

Interkarma

Re: Update videos

Post by Interkarma »

I'm happy for others to produce video content around updates. This is not a priority or interest for me personally. The best places to follow progress are:
  • Daggerfall Workshop devlog. I provide focused update and development information in text with images and bite-sized videos.
  • Twitter. I treat this as a micro-blog and frequently drop status updates around work in progress.
  • Here on the forums for discussion.
I should mention that Midknightprince / Galactic Chicken does a great job curating a lot of the new features in his check-up videos. While he doesn't highlight features in a focused way like I do on the devlog, his videos are still a great way to get a read on progress. You can consider him our unofficial video documentarian for that purpose. His latest video is below.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

I try to do this, I just want to be super accurate and I don't like making mistakes and I still do .
And I kind of like to be silly in my stuff, it's just how I like to do it.

To be honest, I'm kind of shocked at how far this thing has come, and how fast.
The last live build is still sinking in for me I think.
It's a really good build, and the next is probably going to be off the hook, but HEK this whole thing as off the hook.
I think I'm in shock man, like I know I keep saying it, but I am amazed at what you guys are doing, and so happy.

And I'm not going to stop making my silly crazy stuff, maybe just be a bit more accurate, but seriously, it's in reverence to what you guys are doing, I just want you to know that.
That's pretty much why I do it..
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I don't mind if you want to report on updates, but don't feel like you have to do this regularly or anything. I can see you get a lot of enjoyment from your channel, and I don't want you ever feeling like it's a chore.

You keep doing you before anything else. :)

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Interkarma wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:47 pm I don't mind if you want to report on updates, but don't feel like you have to do this regularly or anything. I can see you get a lot of enjoyment from your channel, and I don't want you ever feeling like it's a chore.

You keep doing you before anything else. :)

I don't, and I will :)
Besides you guys deserve the attention .
Big Time attention
Check out my YouTube Channel!