Question about load order

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
ACNAero

Question about load order

Post by ACNAero »

I know this probably sounds dumb, but I just want concrete verification. Is the mod organizer load order from top-bottom (mods lower in the order override the ones above them, like how Beth games usually are) or bottom-top (mods higher in the load order override, like System Shock 2's mod manager)? It's probably top-bottom, but I want to make sure so the no spiders mod will have priority over KoW's remaster when that gets it's dfmod form.

TheLacus

Re: Question about load order

Post by TheLacus »

ACNAero wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:05 pm from top-bottom (mods lower in the order override the ones above them, like how Beth games usually are)
This one. Scripts are executed from top to bottom (at the game state requested by mod), assets are loaded from bottom to top so the resulting logical order is a top to bottom where lower mods override the previous ones.
ACNAero wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:05 pm It's probably top-bottom, but I want to make sure so the no spiders mod will have priority over KoW's remaster when that gets it's dfmod form.
If i remember correctly, there are two versions avaliable. The older one was a loose files textures pack that replaces the actual spider textures; loose files can be considered like a single mod at the bottom position so no issues here.
The newer version copies entity data from the choosen replacement (Giant Bat, Grizzly Bear or Sabertooth Tiger) to target spider entity; the game uses the texture indeces defined here so position of KoW texture pack shouldn't make any difference.

ACNAero

Re: Question about load order

Post by ACNAero »

Got it. Thanks, Lucas :)