A question about magic items effects

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Midknightprince

A question about magic items effects

Post by Midknightprince »

I have a two unidentified boxes in my inventory, when I id both of them, they come up as endurance.
My question is, when do they get assigned the magic effects.
Knowing all the effects aren't in yet, I'm wondering if when they all get turned on, and I identify them, is it going to change ?
Or do they get the effect when they spawn on the enemy before you pick them up ?
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Hazelnut

Re: A question about magic items effects

Post by Hazelnut »

Magic items have their effects set when they're created as far as I know. There's nothing to be gained by holding off identification.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Interkarma

Re: A question about magic items effects

Post by Interkarma »

Can confirm item powers are set at creation time. Identify just flips a switch so the powers are displayed.

I think all the item powers related to spell effects via on-use, on-equip, on-strike should be working now. Next step is the other powers and side-effects, then they can be introduced to random generation as well.

If you want to go crazy, try the console command "add magic 100" and it will stick 100 random magic items into your inventory. Just keep in mind I still have a few bugs to iron out, like icons disappearing. Should have that fixed ahead of October builds.