Add Item command

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
antiquatedlace

Add Item command

Post by antiquatedlace »

Quick question-- I see that one of the console commands is "add item", but it needs a keyword to work. The only keyword I've gotten to work is "add gold", as I saw on the main website, but what are some other keywords that will work? Are any other keywords implemented yet, actually? Mostly just wondering, partially because I accidentally lost my daedric dagger somewhere and now I'm trying to land a hit on a Daedric Seducer for the Imposter quest, lmao. Thanks!!!

Narf the Mouse

Re: Add Item command

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Well, I can't answer the first question, but hand-to-hand works on everything, and scales well.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

antiquatedlace

Post by antiquatedlace »

That is both super helpful and also very, very funny. Who needs mithril weapons when you can just slap daedra with your normal human hands?

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

type 'help' and then scroll up to see add command description

Also if command was done like most of the others typing with no arguments should display the description
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Try "add weapon 100" to give yourself 100 random weapons. You might end up with a suitable replacement item from that. The command isn't granular enough to specify a weapon type or material. It's mainly a testing command for the random item generator.

Just to expand on Hazelnut's suggestion to above. In addition to using "help" to see other console commands, you can use "help [command]" to see syntax for that command, e.g. "help add" will show you the other variants of this command.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

antiquatedlace wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:38 pm That is both super helpful and also very, very funny. Who needs mithril weapons when you can just slap daedra with your normal human hands?
Well, at 100 skill, presumably you're doing something more suited to, say, a highly-trained Krav Maga combatant combined with the sort of training that lets you shatter bricks and bend steel poles. But yeah. :lol:
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.