Not sure if bug - How do you climb past overhangs? [Advanced Climbing System]

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Narf the Mouse

Not sure if bug - How do you climb past overhangs? [Advanced Climbing System]

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Friendly Neighborhood Cat-man cannot stop crime if he cannot get to the rooftops!
Last edited by Narf the Mouse on Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Flylighter

Re: Not sure if bug - How do you climb past overhangs?

Post by Flylighter »

I double-checked how it worked in the DOS version. I was able to climb past the standard overhangs on Daggerfall-model houses with no problems! I have a measly 14 climbing skill, although I do have the Athleticism perk. I can't imagine the perk being the deciding factor.

I was not, however, able to climb through the much longer overhangs that jut out over the ends of the triangular face of larger houses/inns.

Narf the Mouse

Re: Not sure if bug - How do you climb past overhangs?

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Flylighter wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:08 am I double-checked how it worked in the DOS version. I was able to climb past the standard overhangs on Daggerfall-model houses with no problems! I have a measly 14 climbing skill, although I do have the Athleticism perk. I can't imagine the perk being the deciding factor.

I was not, however, able to climb through the much longer overhangs that jut out over the ends of the triangular face of larger houses/inns.
In this case, I'm referring to the new advanced climbing system; sorry. I'll put a note in the thread title.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Flylighter

Re: Not sure if bug - How do you climb past overhangs? [Advanced Climbing System]

Post by Flylighter »

I'd figured as much :D Just wanted to give corroboration that you should indeed be able to climb past the overhangs in a true-to-classic climbing implementation, so hopefully it gets sorted out!

I'm in the middle of a DOS playthrough as we speak, so I wanted to lend a helping hand. I've always been a 'Grab Athleticism and jump up to the roof' kind of guy, but I'm a sympathetic fellow roof-prowler!

Narf the Mouse

Re: Not sure if bug - How do you climb past overhangs? [Advanced Climbing System]

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Flylighter wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:48 am I'd figured as much :D Just wanted to give corroboration that you should indeed be able to climb past the overhangs in a true-to-classic climbing implementation, so hopefully it gets sorted out!

I'm in the middle of a DOS playthrough as we speak, so I wanted to lend a helping hand. I've always been a 'Grab Athleticism and jump up to the roof' kind of guy, but I'm a sympathetic fellow roof-prowler!
Fair enough. :)