Daggerfall Unity Test Build 1

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Daschluba

Re: Daggerfall Unity Test Build 1

Post by Daschluba »

Just tested the build, pretty much everything worked, except some things other people already told. One thing which i don't know if you already know, in the original Daggerfall i climbed up an building and saved when i was standing on the roof, after that i started Daggerfall Unity and loaded that save, but instead of being on the roof i spawned on the ground inside the building.

Lazaroth

Post by Lazaroth »

Interkarma wrote: Yes, that's what the mouse sensitivity setting is for (mouse-look). Did you try increasing this value in the INI? Try increasing in increments of 0.5 and let me know how you go.
I did, and no it affects nothing other than the, well, sensitivity. The delay I tried to describe is still there. I can fire up good ol' Fraps in a bit and do a video of it.
Just click "Load Saved Game" on the title menu. You can load either a classic save or restore your quick save slot (if you have saved by pressing F9 in game). Full save/load UI are in the works for first true release.
It's always empty, even if there's a quicksave and/or old save available. Probably related to my issue #2.
I will wire up the mods in the first true release, or maybe a little sooner if everything else is going well.
Gotcha! ;)

akfordag

Post by akfordag »

Lazaroth wrote:
Just click "Load Saved Game" on the title menu. You can load either a classic save or restore your quick save slot (if you have saved by pressing F9 in game). Full save/load UI are in the works for first true release.
It's always empty, even if there's a quicksave and/or old save available. Probably related to my issue #2.
Yep, quicksaves don't appear in "Load Games". Could be nice to have that.

ifkopifko

Post by ifkopifko »

Yay, thank for the Test Build Interkarma! :) It seems to be working, however, it took me a while to figure out, that the paths in the ini file must be writen without quotes (you could have mentioned it in the manual). :D Silly me.

I see mouse smoothing is on the table, so I will join in. :) I am sure many people prefer no-smoothing, including me. Although, in an RPG I can live with it perfectly fine, an option to turn it off would be nice. However, It's only a minor thing, so I hope it will not steal too much of your precious time. :)

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

manually copied the .vid files - everything is working fine now! very solid ;)

update: the run speed is annoying slow... cried after importing my character with 88 running skill and realizing that it is not implemented yet...

Arl

Post by Arl »

Lazaroth wrote:
Interkarma wrote: Yes, that's what the mouse sensitivity setting is for (mouse-look). Did you try increasing this value in the INI? Try increasing in increments of 0.5 and let me know how you go.
I did, and no it affects nothing other than the, well, sensitivity. The delay I tried to describe is still there. I can fire up good ol' Fraps in a bit and do a video of it.

This is just a guess but... I was unable to notice screen-tearing, can it be that this build have some source of V-sync activated by defaul?

Your description sounds like what I feel when moving the camera around in a game with V-sync on.
My Deviantart page, I have some Daggerfall stuff in there.

CyberWilhelm

Post by CyberWilhelm »

Congratulations and thanks for the build, Interkarma! :)

I'm also getting a blank screen on start-up, and I verified that I have all of the .vid files and my path is correct. From the log, it looks like it doesn't like something about my path, though. Maybe the fact that it has spaces?

Here's my setup (Windows 7):
Daggerfall is in C:\Games\The Elder Scrolls II - Daggerfall\
Daggerfall Unity is in C:\Games\The Elder Scrolls II - Daggerfall\Unity\

settings.ini:

Code: Select all

[Daggerfall]
MyDaggerfallPath="C:\Games\The Elder Scrolls II - Daggerfall"
MyDaggerfallUnitySavePath=
output_log.txt

ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
  at System.IO.Path.Combine (System.String path1, System.String path2) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at DaggerfallWorkshop.DaggerfallUnity.SetupArena2Path () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at DaggerfallWorkshop.DaggerfallUnity.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

GothwayBum

Post by GothwayBum »

Registered just to be a part of this amazing work. Started new Character and everything worked fine, only thing i noticed is there is no giant hill south of Privateer's Hold in vanilla, there are slight up and down slopes (Nevermind this, I noticed what you did with the terrain after comparing to vanilla). Importing a save with a magic item modifier makes it permanent, though that could be due to inventory not being implemented. Specs Win7 64bit, 6gbRAM, ATI Radeon 5770, Intel 3 Ghz dual core. Sorry if these issues (not bugs per-say) came up already, and THANK YOU!

Arl

Post by Arl »

CyberWilhelm wrote:I'm also getting a blank screen on start-up, and I verified that I have all of the .vid files and my path is correct. From the log, it looks like it doesn't like something about my path, though. Maybe the fact that it has spaces?

Here's my setup (Windows 7):
Daggerfall is in C:\Games\The Elder Scrolls II - Daggerfall\
Daggerfall Unity is in C:\Games\The Elder Scrolls II - Daggerfall\Unity\

settings.ini:

[Daggerfall]
MyDaggerfallPath="C:\Games\The Elder Scrolls II - Daggerfall"
MyDaggerfallUnitySavePath=

Try removing the quotes (""), example:

MyDaggerfallPath=C:\Games\The Elder Scrolls II - Daggerfall
My Deviantart page, I have some Daggerfall stuff in there.

ifkopifko

Post by ifkopifko »

CyberWilhelm> Hi, good to see I am not the only one. :D You must remove the quetes from the path just like Phobos Anomaly said.