Daggerfall Unity Test Build 1

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
n0k0ut

Re: Daggerfall Unity Test Build 1

Post by n0k0ut »

Interkarma wrote:By the way, when I say "crash", I'm just talking about the Daggerfall Unity application not starting or stopped responding. If your whole PC is crashing (i.e. kernel panic) then that's not something I can help with. This would most likely the Unity runtime or a graphics driver issue, and definitely outside of my scope for support, I'm sorry.
It's just the application that crashes. Sorry if that was ambiguous.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

n0k0ut wrote: It's just the application that crashes. Sorry if that was ambiguous.
No probs, I just had to put that out there. Hopefully the output_log.txt will have the answer. It logs most of the important actions taken during startup. Even where it cuts out can tell me something about what the code was doing at the time.

Thanks again. :)

Azdul

Post by Azdul »

n0k0ut wrote:I apologize, but no log file is created either during or after I run the program. I've searched through the "Daggerfall Unity_Data" folder several times to make sure I wasn't mistaken.
I've just tried DFUnity on Fedora 21, and it seems that I have the same problem with missing log file.
There were only some messages on the console:

Set current directory to /home/fan/Dokumenty/DFUnity
Found path: /home/fan/Dokumenty/DFUnity/Daggerfall Unity.x86_64
Mono path[0] = '/home/fan/Dokumenty/DFUnity/Daggerfall Unity_Data/Managed'
Mono path[1] = '/home/fan/Dokumenty/DFUnity/Daggerfall Unity_Data/Mono'
Mono config path = '/home/fan/Dokumenty/DFUnity/Daggerfall Unity_Data/Mono/etc'
displaymanager : xrandr version warning. 1.4
client has 4 screens
displaymanager screen (0)(DVI-I-1): 1920 x 1080
Using libudev for joystick management

Importing game controller configs
(...)
Assigning joystick 1

However, everything else works, except:
- music is missing (edit: It seems that I've missed release notes, and MIDI music is not yet available in Linux build 0.0.1)
- when I press Esc in-game, DFUnity does not show menu (like in Windows build), but a black screen
Last edited by Azdul on Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

n0k0ut

Post by n0k0ut »

Azdul wrote:
n0k0ut wrote:I apologize, but no log file is created either during or after I run the program. I've searched through the "Daggerfall Unity_Data" folder several times to make sure I wasn't mistaken.
I've just tried DFUnity on Fedora 21, and it seems that I have the same problem with missing log file.
There were only some messages on the console:

Set current directory to /home/fan/Dokumenty/DFUnity
Found path: /home/fan/Dokumenty/DFUnity/Daggerfall Unity.x86_64
Mono path[0] = '/home/fan/Dokumenty/DFUnity/Daggerfall Unity_Data/Managed'
Mono path[1] = '/home/fan/Dokumenty/DFUnity/Daggerfall Unity_Data/Mono'
Mono config path = '/home/fan/Dokumenty/DFUnity/Daggerfall Unity_Data/Mono/etc'
displaymanager : xrandr version warning. 1.4
client has 4 screens
displaymanager screen (0)(DVI-I-1): 1920 x 1080
Using libudev for joystick management

Importing game controller configs
(...)
Assigning joystick 1

However, everything else works, except music is missing, and it goes to black screen after Esc.
Do you mind showing me your settings.ini file? This at least gives me some hope.

Azdul

Post by Azdul »

n0k0ut wrote:Do you mind showing me your settings.ini file? This at least gives me some hope.
I've modified only single line in settings.ini:
MyDaggerfallPath=/home/fan/Dokumenty/Daggerfall

/home/fan/Dokumenty/Daggerfall is a Daggerfall directory copied from Windows machine.

n0k0ut

Post by n0k0ut »

Azdul wrote:
n0k0ut wrote:Do you mind showing me your settings.ini file? This at least gives me some hope.
I've modified only single line in settings.ini:
MyDaggerfallPath=/home/fan/Dokumenty/Daggerfall

/home/fan/Dokumenty/Daggerfall is a Daggerfall directory copied from Windows machine.
Yeah, that's exactly what I did for mine. Also, I played another Unity game (http://www.mediafire.com/download/6kj74 ... +64bit.zip) to make sure it wasn't an issue with Unity itself, but that game works perfectly. I'm at my wits end right now, so I'll see if I or one of the developers can figure something out tomorrow.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Azdul wrote: However, everything else works, except:
- music is missing,
- when I press Esc in-game, DFUnity does not show menu (like in Windows build), but a black screen
Thanks for your feedback, I'm glad you had some success at least. :) The music is my fault, I'm in the middle of changing up how this works slightly and I didn't have it enabled in that build. Same for the movies. They will both be back next build.

Not sure what's up with the menus, or why the log file isn't being created. I'll do some reading and see if I can solve that one.

Thanks guys!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

n0k0ut wrote: I apologize, but no log file is created either during or after I run the program. I've searched through the "Daggerfall Unity_Data" folder several times to make sure I wasn't mistaken.
No problems mate, I didn't realize sorry. We'll get it sorted one way or another! :D

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

It seems the log files on Linux are placed in the following location. :oops:

~/.config/unity3d/CompanyName/ProductName/Player.log

More details in this article.

http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/LogFiles.html

I'm sincerely sorry n0k0ut, I didn't realize this path was different in Linux. On the plus side, we might be able to get some good info now! :D

n0k0ut

Post by n0k0ut »

Interkarma wrote:It seems the log files on Linux are placed in the following location. :oops:

~/.config/unity3d/CompanyName/ProductName/Player.log

More details in this article.

http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/LogFiles.html

I'm sincerely sorry n0k0ut, I didn't realize this path was different in Linux. On the plus side, we might be able to get some good info now! :D
Yep! :D Sending it to you right now, then its finally off to bed for me!