unity update?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Cristalnoir

unity update?

Post by Cristalnoir »

I noticed that unity updates were not too good for keeping mods or games running. Especially since the last features of unity will not be used. Why DFUnity does not stop at an x version of unity and the development remains on this same version? To avoid conflicts.
For example, the mod "sky enchanced" is not compatible with all versions of unity. If DFU uses a single version of unity and the mods too, no need to update.
Cristalnoir studio

TheLacus

Re: unity update?

Post by TheLacus »

Upgrades were made because they brought beneficial features and performance improvements. This didn't happen without proper testing and forewarning, but mods upgrade can indeed be a problem. I think this is an additional reason to do these changes while the game is still in development and things are expected to break.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Yeah, what TheLacus said. You may want to go read the threads about the upgrades, they may illuminate you as to why they were done.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

I would say as long as we are not at 1.0 I don't care too much.
Pull requests from the past broke some mods as well - so this is even a bigger issue imho