Habitual warrior/mage player - questions about temples

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Jay_H

Re: Habitual warrior/mage player - questions about temples

Post by Jay_H »

My current character's worst nightmare is giant scorpions. A single one can kill him in just a few swipes (120 health). I have no idea why they're so dangerous now when I didn't feel they were in classic.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Jay_H wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:31 am My current character's worst nightmare is giant scorpions. A single one can kill him in just a few swipes (120 health). I have no idea why they're so dangerous now when I didn't feel they were in classic.
Well, I bought a Regenerate Health spell calculated to heal as much as possible while costing at or under my current magicka - I got an exact match; 52 points.

And I'm aaalive! I'm aaalive! :D

...Also, I ran once the "enough bats have been killed" message flashed on the screen.

Also, I checked the Archaeologist's Guild, and it seems they don't sell potions to non-members?

Also, while I was talking to the Archaeologists, about 90% of the way to dead, one of them had the quest about "I need to get out of town right now!" pop up. "I'm a bloody mess, what do you expect me to do about that??" Also, I have to suspect the motives of someone who wants to hire a complete newbie as their emergency guard.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Ah, the moral dilemma! It's so easy to love Daggerfall roguelike :D

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Nope, I think you have to be a member of a guild to purchase potions. Also should be reminded that potions cannot be used yet. So you can buy a load but only for ornaments for the time being. :)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Hazelnut wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:57 pm Nope, I think you have to be a member of a guild to purchase potions. Also should be reminded that potions cannot be used yet. So you can buy a load but only for ornaments for the time being. :)
Thanks; I remember reading that potions weren't in yet, but it slipped my mind.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.