I need help with the Enhanced Sky mod

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
AlexanderOB

I need help with the Enhanced Sky mod

Post by AlexanderOB »

Ok. I'm new to all this, and I may sound idiotic when writing this question but that is because I have no clue on how anything of this works. I was just installing Daggerfall Unity last night, and I added and installed some mods successfully. However, I don't know how to make Enhanced Sky work. I just get a purple sky, and I don't understand the instructions. I guess that I will need to run this in the Unity Editor, but how do I do that? I tried importing the mod in Unity, but when I do I just get a bunch of errors saying that "DaggerfallWorkshop" could not be found. As I said I have no idea what I'm doing and I need help.

How do I install this mod (Enhanced Sky) correctly?

pango

Re: I need help with the Enhanced Sky mod

Post by pango »

Did you use version 2.1.0 mentioned at the bottom of page 5?
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

AlexanderOB

Post by AlexanderOB »

It would seem that I didn't. I deleted the previous version I used and installed this one, and it worked. Now I feel dumb, but at least the game works correctly now haha.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Maybe requiring people to navigate to some link on page 5 of the thread is not a reasonable expectation? ;)

A moderator should probably edit the original post. I'll do it if ppl want me to, but would want agreement from others & Nystul first.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

sure ;)
maybe put a note that 2.1.0 is not the same state as the latest version by lypyl since I did not have the source code of this version. So e.g. the overcast sky looks different than in 1.8.1