Shield armor value - a range based on material possible?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
johnwax

Shield armor value - a range based on material possible?

Post by johnwax »

In the classic game, the shield armor value depends only on shield type and does not consider material (all other armor does). Having a daedric shield looks great in the character screen and has more enchantment points, but that's it.

Would it be possible to keep the shield type base value, but have a range of higher values based on material? For example, buckler 1-4, round 2-6, kitse 3-8 and tower 4-10? This would make it more worthwhile to lug the things around.

johnwax

Re: Shield armor value - a range based on material possible?

Post by johnwax »

One other thought about shields. The tower shield is blank except for color depending on material. An old mod of the classic game (I think it was Andyfall) had a tower shield with (I think) a dragon on it. This gave me an idea. If you reach the top rank of the Knights of the Dragon, you are given a free house. How about an optional gift of a daedric tower shield with a dragon emblem? Would be an incentive to join that guild!

pango

Post by pango »

johnwax wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:46 pm How about an optional gift of a daedric tower shield with a dragon emblem?
Or the emblem of the specific order you joined, I think it would make perfect sense, given their rivalry...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Painted shields! :D
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

I'm honestly 100% for this - shields are useless once you get into mithril armor. they really should scale and i'm not sure what they were thinking originally when specifically not coding in this feature.