Daggerfall Unity Test Build 2

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Interkarma

Daggerfall Unity Test Build 2

Post by Interkarma »

Daggerfall Unity Test Build 2 is now available. This post has downloads and other information.

http://www.dfworkshop.net/daggerfall-un ... t-build-2/

Please also download the ReadMe, it has information not in the blog post.

Interkarma

Re: Daggerfall Unity Test Build 2

Post by Interkarma »

Patch notes for version 0.0.3.
  • Added INI toggle for mouse smoothing.
  • Added INI toggle for vsync.
  • Added INI toggle to render weapon in left hand.
  • Added INI toggle for mouse smoothing.
  • Added INI setting to change weapon swing handling.
  • Added INI option for UI free scaling (ignore aspect ratio).
  • Slightly increased default walk and run speeds. Player Speed stat still not used yet.
  • Added floating origin and fixed all known GPS desync issues. This should correct falling through world on load.
  • Added game console from Lypyl. This provides features like god mode, teleporting, and increasing run speed.
  • Added popup message control for text such as "rat just died" and "game saved".
  • Can now edit keybinds in DaggerfallUnity_Data/KeyBinds.txt file. See release readme for more information.
  • Removed INI options that are not implemented yet.
  • Can now quick save/load outdoors, in dungeons, and in buildings (basically anywhere).
  • Fixed load screen not building controls properly with missing or partial saves. This was also preventing the "quick load" button from showing. Should also work if one of the classic saves cannot be read for any reason.
  • Fixed all known gender-swapping issues.
  • Fixed UI clicks will no longer "fall-through" into world when closing a UI screen.
  • Improved double-click handling.
  • Fixed start-death-start cycle of scene init.
  • Restored pause menu load and save. You can now load without restarting.
  • Fixed all known UI scaling and full-screen resolution issues.
  • Fixed localization issue with float.Parse() for INI and elsewhere.
  • Fixed issue where HUD fades could get stuck half way.
  • Fixed issue with doors not turning to triggers when restoring saves.
  • Fixed issue with spam-clicking doors while they are opening or closing.
  • Fixed issue with class selection in Linux.
  • Fixed character sheet not refreshing after loading a different character.
  • Fixed issue of season and climate not being set properly on load.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Known issues discovered in this test build (not all-inclusive).
  • HUD UI (vital signs and compass) do not scale properly at all resolutions.
  • Not all classic saves can be successfully imported.

Azdul

Post by Azdul »

Hi,

Could you tell me which file is being loaded here ?

FormatException: Unknown char: ,
at System.Double.Parse (System.String s, NumberStyles style, IFormatProvider provider) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Single.Parse (System.String s, NumberStyles style, IFormatProvider provider) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DaggerfallConnect.DFCareer.StructureData (DaggerfallConnect.CFGData cfg) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DaggerfallConnect.DFCareer..ctor (DaggerfallConnect.CFGData cfg) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DaggerfallConnect.Arena2.ClassFile.ReadFile (System.IO.BinaryReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DaggerfallConnect.Arena2.ClassFile.Load (System.String filePath, FileUsage usage, Boolean readOnly) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Entity.DaggerfallEntity.GetClassCareerTemplate (ClassCareers career) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Player.CharacterSheet.SetDefaultValues () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Player.CharacterSheet..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.StartNewGameWizard..ctor (IUserInterfaceManager uiManager) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallStartWindow.ProcessMessages () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.DaggerfallUI.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I cannot import original save games, or start a new game - and I wonder if it is some file left out by old DFUnity build.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Azdul wrote: Could you tell me which file is being loaded here ?
FormatException: Unknown char: ,
That's the CLASS.CFG file. The parser is probably having trouble with the class advancement multiplier with locale settings for decimal character.

I've set this to use InvariantCulture, but it appears to still be throwing an exception. Could you let me know your locale setting? I will try again to resolve. Cheers. :)

Michael_TEFL

Post by Michael_TEFL »

Any specific things to look for in this build?

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

Nice 8-)

I wish I could say more, but I didn't experience any noticeable problems with the first test :)

I'm assuming this isn't intentional or would have made note of it - but I don't have any saves visible in the load save menu. I mentioned it in a email a day or 2 ago after you misplaced the Sun.

Let me know and I'll try to get some more information on it.

edit: Just saw the section in the readme, will send you the saves.

Michael_TEFL

Post by Michael_TEFL »

And does this build work under Windows XP 32 bit? Because it doesn't launch saying that it isn't 32-bit application.
Last edited by Michael_TEFL on Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

FloppyDisk

Post by FloppyDisk »

Hi i am unable to start new build, I get the following error message.

"This verison of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) verion of the program.

I was able to run the first build fine on the same computer. :cry

My Specs:

Windows 7 (32 Bit)
ASUS P5N-E SLI MB
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 CPU
ATI Radeon HD 5770 GPU
4 GB DDR2 800 Ram
160 GB 7200 RPM HDD

Is build 64 Bit only?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Michael_TEFL wrote:Any specific things to look for in this build?
Just spin up a character and go exploring. Save and load, import some classic saves, etc. Feel free to use the console to set god mode, etc.

Anyone that experienced a specific issue now resolved by the patch notes (e.g. gender swap), I'd love to have confirmation this is now working for them in this build.