Automap (indoor & dungeon) implementation

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Nystul

Re: Automap (indoor & dungeon) implementation

Post by Nystul »

ok thanks for this detailed info! I would like to finish the current iteration on the ReflectionsMod (1-2 weeks) and then I would love to jump into this. Sounds like a challanging topic ;)

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

I have started to work on the exterior automap. Lets see how involved it will get ;)

as soon as I can show some progress I will create a dedicated exterior automap thread

edit: would it be possible to get a copy of the source files for Daggerfall Imaging 2 (edit2: Daggerfall Modeling of course) - especially the part that creates the layout of locations? the link on dfworkshop.net to the zip file no longer works for me

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Nystul wrote:I have started to work on the exterior automap. Lets see how involved it will get ;)

as soon as I can show some progress I will create a dedicated exterior automap thread

edit: would it be possible to get a copy of the source files for Daggerfall Imaging 2 - especially the part that creates the layout of locations? the link on dfworkshop.net to the zip file no longer works for me
Full source for Daggerfall Modelling is below (edit: brain fart this morning, posted Imaging code in error).

https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... lModelling

It heavily uses the following, which you'll recognise as an older version of the DFTFU API.

https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... er/Library

I've got to run for work, seriously late this morning. Will put together some more detail for you this evening. :)

Update: The code that draws the exterior automap image can be found in CreateExteriorMap() at line 733 in following file:

https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... MapView.cs

It's just rendering the images returned by blocksFile.GetBlockAutoMap() to an image then converting to a GDI+ Bitmap. Same basic process in Unity, just different target formats.

If you have any troubles at all, I'm more than happy to write a working skeleton of the process in Unity for you to build on. Just let me know! :)

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

thx, this will help me a lot :)
I think I should be able to pull something off starting from this.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

For a few builds now, the green exit marker hasn't been appearing.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I have noticed that as well, but it only seems to be on Linux for me. On windows PC it appears fine. Not sure if it's the os or some other unseen difference. I also have not checked without Archs mod installed.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Jay_H wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:52 am For a few builds now, the green exit marker hasn't been appearing.
I can confirm this one in Windows as well. Had someone on reddit asking about it earlier too. I'll see if I can chase it down soon if Nystul doesn't have time. Hopefully will be something simple.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

Could this be related to the change of player capsule collider maybe? Not sure since the code of the automap discovery/markers has not been touched in ages, so this must be a regression issue

pango

Post by pango »

I wanted to help by git bisection, but oldest version supporting Unity 2018.1.2f7 (5b2fb28) has already lost the green marker.
Using released versions... Well, I didn't keep all the ones I had, and web.archive.org doesn't have all the links, there's a huge gap between March and June.
So all I can say is that the Linux build lost green marker between build #98 (2018-02-15) and build #120 (2018-06-08). Probably not very helpful...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you pango. I still have old builds in cloud. I'll start from Feb and move forwards.