Daggerfall Unity 0.1 Release

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Daschluba

Re: Daggerfall Unity 0.1 Release

Post by Daschluba »

I've got a fix for it worked out, if Interkarma signs off it should make it in the next update.
Great, thanks.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

maciak wrote:Cancel button in load screen where there are no saves still does not work :(

EDIT:
When Quick save exists load also does not work.
Thanks again. This is now fixed in 0.1.1 release.

http://www.dfworkshop.net/daggerfall-unity-0-1-release/

maciak

Post by maciak »

Interkarma wrote:
maciak wrote:Cancel button in load screen where there are no saves still does not work :(

EDIT:
When Quick save exists load also does not work.
Thanks again. This is now fixed in 0.1.1 release.

http://www.dfworkshop.net/daggerfall-unity-0-1-release/
Works perfectly now :) Thanks.
Finally wont have to start a new game everytime I want to quickload :D
BTW I've noticed a weird thing with tiles in Direnni tower. It looks to be a 1px move beetwean them.

Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Here was stairs on which I climbed to the second floor...
but now here floor and "jumping" textures.
Bugs like this are very often in interiors
Spoiler!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Biboran wrote:Here was stairs on which I climbed to the second floor...
but now here floor and "jumping" textures.
Bugs like this are very often in interiors
I know what you mean, I've seen that in a lot of interiors as well. It's because multiple models are placed in the same location, and you end up with some z-fighting between them. I haven't checked yet if it's an issue with Daggerfall actually defining two models in the same place, or if I'm not iterating something properly. I have a feeling it's probably a Daggerfall thing as I've seen this behaviour in -game as well. It's just harder to notice because graphics aren't as crisp. It's not a breaking bug however, so a bit lower on the priority list. But thank you for highlighting it. :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

maciak wrote: Works perfectly now :) Thanks.
BTW I've noticed a weird thing with tiles in Direnni tower. It looks to be a 1px move beetwean them.
Great, pleased to hear it's working now. :)

That's a weird issue with the tilemap sampler. Could you let me know what graphics card and driver version you have?

maciak

Post by maciak »

Interkarma wrote:
maciak wrote: Works perfectly now :) Thanks.
Great, pleased to hear it's working now. :)

That's a weird issue with the tilemap sampler. Could you let me know what graphics card and driver version you have?
Hi,
I have radeon hd 4850 and drivers are hacked 13.9 from win 8.1 as I'm using win10 with no support for this card ;)

ifkopifko

Post by ifkopifko »

maciak & Interkarma> Hi, I have been experiencing the same thing all over the world, but since my AMD HD4830 (win 7 64bit) is a DX10 HW, I take it it's not supported. If I remember correctly, I have seen it in all the previous builds and showcase demos as well. It's far from game breaking anyway. :)

Corak

Post by Corak »

Got a crash on entering Cemetary Dungeon in Wayrest.
Crashlog + MemDump:
http://files.leraux.ru/Corak/Temp/Bugre ... Wayrest.7z

Make Daggerfall Unity to skip video if none found .
Error, please fix if there is no *.vid file found (rip version) in ARENA2 folder - Unity just goes black screen with mouse cursor and writes tons of duplicate log errors in txt file...

Also at night times - game engine is very slowsdown and pauses for long time. At daytime all is normal

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

G'day Corak! Welcome to the forums and thank you for your bug reports. :)

Crash when attempting to enter invalid graveyard interior is fixed and will be live in 0.2 test builds once ready.

I don't want to just skip movies if not present, as this will only result in people submitting bug reports that the movies aren't playing. I cover this and the solution in the manual, and try to steer users towards the superior DaggerfallSetup and GOG versions of Daggerfall. At some point, I will release a standalone build with all content, mitigating this issue entirely.

I haven't experienced the night-time issue you're describing. Nothing is different at night except the lights are turned down and city point lights are enabled. A couple of questions for you:
  1. Are you using the default setup, or do you have enhanced sky or far terrain enabled?
  2. Do you also experience this issue in the wilderness, far from any cities. Or do you only experience in cities?
Cheers.