Spambot Cleanup

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Interkarma

Spambot Cleanup

Post by Interkarma »

Hi All!

We've been under siege by spambots lately. The problem with these things is they sometimes register and stay inactive for months before posting their nonsense. I'm constantly shifting the anti-spambot countermeasures to slow down registrations, but they still add up over time. I've just performed a cleanup by pruning silent accounts (no posts) with the following rules:

1. Any accounts that registered in 2018 with 0 posts have been deactivated. I apologise for any legitimate lurkers caught up in this, but it's hard to tell who is an isn't a spambot with 0 posts to their name. I can reactivate your account if you send me an email telling me your account name. These accounts will be purged sometime next year.

2. Any accounts prior to 2018 with 0 posts have been deleted. Most of these seemed inactive anyway and had not even logged in for some time.

I encourage new users to at least make a single hello post to The Big Hello Thread. Then there's no danger of being caught up with future spambot cleanups. I do this about once a year, but this year was a record cleanup.

I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused to legitimate users with 0 posts caught up in this cleanup.