Experimental Smaller Dungeons

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Orbarth

Re: Experimental Smaller Dungeons

Post by Orbarth » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:03 am

I've been running a character with smaller dungeons enabled in the ini and so far of the half a hundred quests i ran with that setting , i always found the quest target (with of course more or less difficulty depending on where the game spawned it).

To me it seems ready to get out of experimental and become a real option in the option menus.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:12 am

Thanks for your feedback everyone! I'll move this out of experimental sometime during alpha cycle.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:07 pm

I feel like, if it's going to be an option in DFU configuration, it sort of merits a pop-up window once it's clicked: "WARNING! By enabling this option, you agree that you currently have no characters within a dungeon. Proceed?"

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:18 am

Yes, definitely need to handle that. I'm thinking of ways to do this automatically however so it just works as expected without player needing to worry about being inside a dungeon or if a quest was compiled differently to smaller dungeon setting. I have a few ideas on how to do this neatly.

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:36 pm

I haven't noticed any bugs with this enabled, but a freaky coincidence I had when I first enabled it was I just happened to visit 3 dungeons in a row that all used the Privateer's Hold layout and I thought it was this that caused this "bug". Turned out it wasn't a bug as it was in vanilla DF! :ugeek: