Experimental Smaller Dungeons

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Magicono43

Re: Experimental Smaller Dungeons

Post by Magicono43 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:19 pm

Magicono43 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:43 am
After reading about this "hidden" experimental feature. I tried it out by putting "True" the "Defaults.ini" text file inside of the resources folder. Tried it out after refreshing Unity (using the Unity editor, btw) with a new character. Went to the nearest dungeons and they were all the same size in terms of blocks and after doing "map_revealall" seeing they were the same as their classic counter-parts. What am I doing wrong here? Is it because I am playing the game through the Unity Editor? Or am I changing the wrong file settings?

Edit: Also, what exactly does the setting "AlternateRandomEnemySelection" do if enabled? Any post I can read about these enhancement settings in more detail? Thanks.
Alright, I found out why the settings were not updating. I was changing the wrong file, which was inside a for some reason hidden Appdata folder. Now that I changed the proper file it is working, really quite impressive how well this seems to work. I think as others have said, this "WIP" enhancement should be something that shows up on the settings UI instead of being hidden away in the .ini file, if you ask me at least.