Magic Items Never Wear Down

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
InsertNameHere

Magic Items Never Wear Down

Post by InsertNameHere »

Hello,

All of my magical items are still listed as "new" even after wearing them (cast when held) for many "in-game" months or using them (cast when used) dozens of times. I remember that in vanilla Daggerfall they would wear down and then break quite frequently, but in Unity 0.72 It seems that the enchanted items don't wear at all. Is this something with my software or is this system-wide? Btw, I have yet to try any "casts when strikes" items.

I'm new to this, so hope I'm not committing any social faux paus or leaving any important information out!

Btw, you guys are doing some awesome work! Thank you for this. I loved playing Daggerfall, but all the bugs drove me crazy and made it impossible to finish the game. But, now there is hope =)

Thank you,

Unity Pre-Alpha 0.7.2
Windows 7 SP1

Interkarma

Re: Magic Items Never Wear Down

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for your kind words, and welcome to the forums. :)

Magic item wear isn't currently implemented. It will be added around the time all magic item powers and side effects are completed.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I thought I added this to magic item use so cast when used should wear the item. Strikes and wearing still are not done though.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I'm not sure, but I think that change came just after the last round of builds on Dec 20.

I really need to get some new builds out soon, a lot has been done on the last few weeks.

InsertNameHere

Post by InsertNameHere »

Thank you!