Cartographers letter

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
johnwax

Cartographers letter

Post by johnwax »

Received the letter to join the Cartographers (I assume this is a random quest from the pack). Made the mistake of doing something else first and was a day late in arriving at the city, so of course the letter was gone. Will there be another opportunity, or was that it?

Jay_H

Re: Cartographers letter

Post by Jay_H »

It automatically generates with each new character, and from then on there's a very small chance you'll get it every few months. The quest pack chooses these things at random, so you could get it within 2 months or it could take in-game years.

johnwax

Post by johnwax »

It looked interesting. Do you know the quest number? I could use the console startquest command.

Speaking of startquest, the random (permanent?) quest pack is automatically used by my DFU chars, but I need to activate it or each import char. I read somewhere on the forum that it had a number that I could use to activate it in the console. Do you know that number also? Thanks if you can help.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Inside your /DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/QuestPacks/JH/Perpetual folder, there'll be a file called JHPFIRST.txt. You need to copy that into /DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/Quests. Then in game run

Code: Select all

startquest JHPFIRST
That should begin the process for any imported characters.

You can do the same process for JHPQ005, which is the Cartographer starter.

johnwax

Post by johnwax »

Thanks again! :D

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

No problem!