Contributing to the project

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
MaxRebo

Contributing to the project

Post by MaxRebo »

Hey there,

I was wondering if there is some sort of todo list, trello or issue tracker for the project for me to get involved in as a developer? I'd like to contribute but I'm not sure where to start.

Interkarma

Re: Contributing to the project

Post by Interkarma »

G'day MaxRebo, welcome to the forums! :)

We definitely need some more coordination at the moment. That shortfall rests entirely on me. Lypyl has setup a Trello page, but he requires more feedback from myself to get it cracking. I've promised Lypyl and myself to change this situation as part of the 0.2 release process.

The project is very code-heavy at the moment, with more pressing need to develop UI interfaces than anything else. If you're already comfortable with Unity and C# (and better yet had a play with the Daggerfall Unity APIs), then I'm sure there's plenty you could help with.

The other contributors so far have found areas where something is lacking and started working through it. For a quick example, Nystul has contributed terrain enhancements and an automap UI, and Lypyl has contributed skybox enhancements and a travel map UI. They have also caught lots of small bugs through testing, usually with fixes, and provided many great suggestions.

If you haven't already, be sure to have a play with the 1.3 release and tutorials. While 1.3 is getting a bit old now, it's a good introduction to the core API for new starters.

I hope that's of some help. Please feel welcome to strike up a discussion in the Creator's Corner if you'd like to bounce around ideas for enhancements or new features. All the best! :)