Lycanthropy and truncated stats and health misbahvior

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
jimfcarroll

Lycanthropy and truncated stats and health misbahvior

Post by jimfcarroll »

Hello all,

I almost posted this in "bugs" but I wanted to check to see if this behavior was intentional first.

Stat issue:
I have an unhacked classic save where I'm level 9 with lycanthropy (wolf). I got lycanthropy somewhere around level 4-5 and ended up with 100 STR. Since then I added a few points on leveling up to STR getting it to around 104-105. In the original game this correctly increases my encumbrance denominator.

When I load this classic save into DFU my stats that were over 100 get truncated back to 100 and appear highlighted in orange. I'm not sure why this is.

One more thing, If I subsequently get a level up in DFU, it allows me to add MORE points to STR, but then still truncates the stat to 100 once I'm done with the level up.

Health Issue:
My saved werewolf character is in the "hunger" mode. Meaning my health is down to 4 because she needs to hunt. However, if I take a level, my new health points are added to this '4' AFTER the adjustment for being in "hunger" mode. My health is basically '27' after I level to level 10 when it should still be '4' until I satisfy the "hunger."

pango

Re: Lycanthropy and truncated stats and health misbahvior

Post by pango »

Hi jimfcarroll,
Lycanthropy is not implemented in DFU yet (only vampirism), it's "in progress" according to the roadmap
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

jimfcarroll

Re: Lycanthropy and truncated stats and health misbahvior

Post by jimfcarroll »

Ah thanks. Sorry. I should have checked there first.