Solution to the what happens when I click problem

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
jayhova

Re: Solution to the what happens when I click problem

Post by jayhova »

I want to be clear, I am not arguing against changing how the UI operates. It's clear that the developers made certain decisions. Later other decisions changed how this worked. Personally, my feeling is that being in sneak mode should change your default action to steal. I would totally support a mod that did that. However, I am talking about a separate issue. Even if that were done I would still want visual feedback on. Again, the UI is not just a utility it affects the gameplay experience. For some it will be immersion breaking, for others not so much. There are valid reasons to have modes like if you want to pick the lock of every locked door you come to. I would even go so far as to say I support putting a 'No Pickpocket Unless Sneaking' check box in advanced settings. This would stop things like pickpocketing from horseback.

I am saying that changing the UI to allow a very different playstyle than classic Daggerfall that falls very squarely into the mod category. What I am proposing does not change the playstyle at all, it is purely informational and allows the player to continue to weird things like pickpocket from horseback which I am assuming works the same in classic.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.