Battlespire and Redguard support?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
XJDHDR

Battlespire and Redguard support?

Post by XJDHDR »

With development of DF unity approaching the end, I'm just wondering if there is any interest from the developers in giving Battlespire and maybe Redguard the same treatment?

I'm guessing that for Battlespire, most of the work would already be done through DF Unity whereas Redguard would require significantly more effort.

ACNAero

Re: Battlespire and Redguard support?

Post by ACNAero »

Battlespire I'm for sure hoping they'll do. Hell, I even have an idea on how to easily fix the ambiguous jump arrow problem. And yeah, hopefully the fact Daggerfall and Battlespire used nearly the same engine should hopefully streamline things. Redguard, though... considering that game is a nearly non-functioning, badly cobbled together Tomb Raider clone... Well, I'd not be against it happening, but I'd be one of those people arguing for a total mechanical and gameplay system redesign from the ground up. And I'm sure a lot of people will be against it, and I wouldn't hold it against anyone if they didn't want to go through all that work.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I can only speak for myself, but Daggerfall is it for me in this space. I just don't have enough love for the other games to spend more years on another fan remake project like this one. Once Daggerfall Unity is out of pre-alpha, I plan to start dividing my time between late stages of DFU and early stages of my next game, something original and a bit personal.

Executing on Daggerfall Unity over the last four years has been a big drain on me emotionally, physically, and even financially. Creating the time-opportunity to build something of this scale comes with life-changing sacrifices I didn't really understand when I started. I need to come out the other side soon and let myself heal.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Interkarma wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:02 pm ..
Executing on Daggerfall Unity over the last four years has been a big drain on me emotionally, physically, and even financially. Creating the time-opportunity to build something of this scale comes with life-changing sacrifices I didn't really understand when I started. I need to come out the other side soon and let myself heal.
Interkarma, I think I can at least partially understand what you talking about. Im not sure but I guess Ive spend at least one year full time on a Dream mod (or was it two?... ) I DEFFO overdid it at times, its was/is just a obsession :D My eyes are not completely healed yet, but getting better. Anyway, just be easy on yourself mate, you have a very talented support team... you did a gargantuan task here. And as Ive said years back.. this will forever place you in the Digital Hall of Fame in the eyes of many. But the most important thing is, that you feel good, thats the priority. Dont let this take too much toll on you mate. Be well!!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you KoW. :)

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

I'm not one for words but I want to add my thanks for the work you've done Interkarma. I'm honestly surprised that this project has taken such a toll on you but yes, you definitely deserve a rest.