How do I click on objects when in the console?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
BillyBulletz

How do I click on objects when in the console?

Post by BillyBulletz »

I was wondering around town trying to locate someone. Every person I met said something to the effect of "I know, but I'm not telling you!" or "You don't have to talk to me like that". No matter what option I chose; blunt, normal, polite.
So I thought I'd use the console command to raise my rep with the NPC. modnpcrep or something? SO I type it in and the message comes up I need to select the NPC I want to mod. I click on the person in front of me and nothing happens. I don't see the actors ID displayed anywhere. This is while I'm in the console. Outside the console clicking on the NPS initiates dialogue of course and I can't open the console from there.
I tried clicking a little further away, a little closer, all over the body, nothing seems to register. Thanks in advance!

Interkarma

Re: How do I click on objects when in the console?

Post by Interkarma »

The "modnpcrep" console command is for testing quest progression with static quest NPCs (e.g. Queen Aubk-i, Mynisera). It doesn't have any relation to mobile NPC responses. There best we have for mobile NPCs is "talk_npcsknoweverything".

BillyBulletz

Re: How do I click on objects when in the console?

Post by BillyBulletz »

Okay, I'll try that, thank you!