Repairing enchanted items?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
ZenISO

Repairing enchanted items?

Post by ZenISO »

I recently unlocked the ability to enchant items in the mages guild, and I spent all my money enchanting all my gear. For some reason they're wearing down really fast now, and I have no idea how to repair them?

Any ideas? I don't want to lose these, I've played for hundreds of hours to get this far. :(

Interkarma

Re: Repairing enchanted items?

Post by Interkarma »

By default magic items aren't repairable, a setting that matches classic. To enable this in DFU, enable the following in your settings.ini

Code: Select all

AllowMagicRepairs = True
This is the equivalent of setting "MAGICREPAIR 1" in classic's Z.CFG file.

Good luck! :)

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

(edit)
Last edited by mikeprichard on Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZenISO

Post by ZenISO »

YAY thank you!
EDIT: I seem to be having trouble finding the settings.ini
I have a settings.json though?

EDIT2: found it, it's in
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Daggerfall Workshop\Daggerfall Unity

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

I mentioned this earlier in another topic, but would it be possible to add this config toggle to the DFU in-game options? Bit clunky to have to go to the .ini for something that seems like a common player request. Thanks!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

It is kind of a cheat option, but I have no problems adding it. Let me know your thoughts everyone. :)

pango

Post by pango »

It was intentionally disabled in Daggerfall classic, so I consider it a cheat too.
However Daggerfall is a single player game, so who really cares. Maybe it should just be mentioned in the launcher.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

I'll just say "click to attack" and some other great DFU options could be considered "cheats" compared to classic too, so I'm not sure that really matters - but I know it's not my call!

Jaiysaun

Post by Jaiysaun »

I too consider it a cheat and will likely never use it myself, but I also think it should be an option you can click in the launcher. As someone coming to Daggerfall from later games, I can see it as something a lot of players like me would want.

ZenISO

Post by ZenISO »

I'd love for it to be a toggle option in the startup as I'm sure if I stop playing for a while and re-install later, I'll run into the same problem but might have forgotten how to fix it. If it's in the startup It'll just be a "Hmmm, should I enable this or not" moment instead of frustration down the line. My two cents!