Thoughts

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Ommamar

Thoughts

Post by Ommamar »

Hey all,

So Daggerfall was the first Elder Scrolls game I played and probably the one I got the deepest into although I did play them all to include Arena. I played DFU a long time ago I am not even sure there was a 1 in front of the version I tried. I was looking for some entertainment so decided to try the newest build. What a difference! One noticeable thing is when I swing a sword it feels like I swing a bloody sword not a bunch of pixels on a screen, I also noticed a great improvement in spell feedback as the graphics show that you have effected things on a molecule level just using your will. Maybe the most notable thing is that the game is very tough now! My usual strategy was get out of privateer's hold go get spooled up in Daggerfall with what I needed then go back to farm it until I felt I was decently equipped. This usually being at least an Elven if not a Dwarven weapon along with whatever armor I happened to get while farming for the desired weapon. I had to retreat out so many times when I tried doing this in DFU I might get lucky with a solid hit with melee or a good roll on a spell but usually it was flailing until my health got low then run away.
Anyway good job on porting things over to Unity and the changes you have made. I am going to look into this modding community that seems to have popped up regarding DFU good travels all!

Interkarma

Re: Thoughts

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums. I'm happy to hear you're having fun with DFU. :)