Git: 0.2 Contributor Thread

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Interkarma

Re: Git: 0.2 Contributor Thread

Post by Interkarma »

LypyL wrote:Awesome! Let us know if there is anything we can do to help ;)

One thing I noticed is the player object still needs the PlayerCollision component added
Huh, could swear I put this on after merging your changes a while back - but you're right it's not there. I just dropped this on and will check in new scene later. Thanks for the heads-up!

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

I just died in a dungeon, and got this exception when the videos started playing:

Code: Select all

UnityException: Transform child out of bounds
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.DaggerfallAutomap.restoreStateAutomapDungeon (Boolean forceNotVisitedInThisRun) (at Assets/daggerfall_unity/Scripts/Game/DaggerfallAutomap.cs:1322)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.DaggerfallAutomap.InitWhenInInteriorOrDungeon (Nullable`1 door) (at Assets/daggerfall_unity/Scripts/Game/DaggerfallAutomap.cs:516)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.DaggerfallAutomap.OnLoadEvent (DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Serialization.SaveData_v1 saveData) (at Assets/daggerfall_unity/Scripts/Game/DaggerfallAutomap.cs:499)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Serialization.SaveLoadManager.RaiseOnLoadEvent (DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Serialization.SaveData_v1 saveData) (at Assets/daggerfall_unity/Scripts/Game/Serialization/SaveLoadManager.cs:673)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Serialization.SaveLoadManager+<LoadGame>c__Iterator17.MoveNext () (at Assets/daggerfall_unity/Scripts/Game/Serialization/SaveLoadManager.cs:651)

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

will take a look at this - thx for reporting

update: unfortunately, I cannot reproduce this - any advice how I can do so?

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

I realized that when starting in privateer's hold placing the entrance marker in the starting position is not really a good idea ;)
When entering the dungeon from entrance this works - but I need to find the dungeon entrance with a different mechanism how it seems since it does not work for the case where the player does not start at the dungeon entrance. Any ideas how to get it? ;)

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

Nystul wrote:will take a look at this - thx for reporting

After testing some more, the problem seems to only happen when I quick load -> go into dungeon -> die -> quick load again

And a small correction - the error is raised on loading a new save, not when the movies start playing.

While testing for this, I managed to find another bug - if you load a quick save, die, then load up a normal save the screen stays black.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

LypyL wrote:
Nystul wrote:will take a look at this - thx for reporting

After testing some more, the problem seems to only happen when I quick load -> go into dungeon -> die -> quick load again

And a small correction - the error is raised on loading a new save, not when the movies start playing.

While testing for this, I managed to find another bug - if you load a quick save, die, then load up a normal save the screen stays black.
ok thanks - is the last point on the list also related to the automap?

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

Nystul wrote: ok thanks - is the last point on the list also related to the automap?
It might be, but I don't think so.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Nystul wrote:I realized that when starting in privateer's hold placing the entrance marker in the starting position is not really a good idea ;)
When entering the dungeon from entrance this works - but I need to find the dungeon entrance with a different mechanism how it seems since it does not work for the case where the player does not start at the dungeon entrance. Any ideas how to get it? ;)
With a reference to the DaggerfallDungeon object, you can use these guys.

Code: Select all

GameObject enterMarker = dungeon.EnterMarker;	// Enter marker (e.g. bottom of Privateer's Hold)
GameObject startMarker = dungeon.StartMarker;	// Start marker (actual dungeon entrance/exit)
LypyL wrote: After testing some more, the problem seems to only happen when I quick load -> go into dungeon -> die -> quick load again

I'll take a look at that, thanks! :)

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

Interkarma wrote:[
I'll take a look at that, thanks! :)
It seems that bug is unpredictable - I've been able to replicate it a few times, but not reliably. I'm not sure if the save types were a factor or not, or just a coincidence.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Curious - can you start a fresh game then load the same save normally? This at least rules out a problem with the save data and points towards the scene restarting system.