Being infected by a Wereboar/Werewolf and diseases stacking?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Firebrand

Being infected by a Wereboar/Werewolf and diseases stacking?

Post by Firebrand »

Last night something strange happened to my character :?
I was in a dungeon with lots of wereboars, I managed to get to the exit, and before exiting the dungeon I rested. I had that "strange dream about the moon...etc etc". So I checked my health, and said I had Stomach Rot. I succesfully cast a Cure Disease spell, and when I check my health, it said I was Healthy. I thought, good, must I've been rid both of Stomach Rot and Licanthropy :lol:

I went back to Daggerfall, made a save, and went to Kingsmith Manor. By the time I arrived in that second town, my stats were showing clear signes that I was turned in a werebeast (for example, my strength was a different color and was 100, which defintely wasn't before).

So, I reloaded the save in Daggerfall: my stats weren't showing signes that I was turned into a werebeast, if I checked my health it said i was Healthy, and If i went to the Local Temple to cure my disease (which must have been there, you know :lol: ), they said I had no disease to cure :?

Here are my questions:
1. If you just get infected by a werebeast, and not have other diseases, when you check your health it says you're being infected by Licanthropy?
2. If so, is it possible that Stomach Rot stacked on top of Licanthropy, so in the message showed the last one, the spell cured the last one, and wasn't possible to cure my Licanthropy in the following 72 hours, because of the mess of stacking diseases? :? :? :?

Interkarma

Re: Being infected by a Wereboar/Werewolf and diseases stacking?

Post by Interkarma »

You don't see Lycanthropy in your disease list as with mundane illnesses. The only warning you get is the dream and the "unwell" message when fast travelling.

Cure Disease or a temple visit will remove all active diseases, including Lycanthropy infection. But if your incubating Lycanthropy infection lasts beyond 3 days, the disease ends and you are cursed to become a full-blown werebeast.

If you see the Lycanthropy spell in your spellbook, this means you've already missed the window for Cure Disease. The presence of spell means that the disease has already done its work.

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

Interkarma wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:38 pm You don't see Lycanthropy in your disease list as with mundane illnesses. The only warning you get is the dream and the "unwell" message when fast travelling.

Cure Disease or a temple visit will remove all active diseases, including Lycanthropy infection. But if your incubating Lycanthropy infection lasts beyond 3 days, the disease ends and you are cursed to become a full-blown werebeast.

If you see the Lycanthropy spell in your spellbook, this means you've already missed the window for Cure Disease. The presence of spell means that the disease has already done its work.
Thank you for the informations :)
I checked the save in Kingsmith Manor, and for some weird reason, in my spellbook there are two identical Licanthropy spells :?

BTW, I've solved the problem using a save before getting in to the dungeon with the werebeasts :lol:

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for your info. I just did a test with lycanthropy and have found that temples and Cure Disease aren't enumerating the disease correctly for cure (bug). I didn't catch this earlier. Will fix this up now while I'm looking at it. :)

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

Interkarma wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:40 pm Thanks for your info. I just did a test with lycanthropy and have found that temples and Cure Disease aren't enumerating the disease correctly for cure (bug). I didn't catch this earlier. Will fix this up now while I'm looking at it. :)
I think it's quite cool that I can help DFU just by playing this awesome game :D